Bessacarr 2010 water system help

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi
I have a 2010 cameo 625 with an on board water tank, but the plumbing set up does not apprear to match the handbook. i don't think the previous owners did anything to it as they'd hardly used it in the 3 years they had it.

When on EHU the water is pumped from the aqua roll and either into the tank or direct to the taps, depending upon what i set the system to do. The problem i have is, when not on EHU - ie 12 vt battery (in good condition and fully charged) - the internal water pump does not switch off even though the taps are shut and there are no leaks. I have checked the pump in the aquroll, it's not actually pumping water even though it is on. This suggests there is something wrong with the system reading the pressure in the pipework - it thinks the presure is low and therefore needs to switch the pumps on, but the pressure within the pipes is fine, which is why there is no actual water being pumped.

I'm after help with idetifying the cause and also what the different compondents are and what they do. Thanks.

From the outside - where the aquaroll is, following the pipework towards the tank, the set up is the following:
1. pipes come in from the outside:
20200910_165350.jpg

2. Come to a white thing that is connected to a pale blue shrink wrapped thing (relay??) via 2 brown wires & white electrical connectors:
Pressure switch1.jpg

There is then a T junction diverting water off to the surge potector (No 4) and the hot water system.

3. Then a black electrical thing (solenoid?) with wires coming out of it (the black elbow i a sparate :
20200910_165529.jpg

4. The surge protector on the diverted hotwater system:
20200910_165507.jpg

5. There is then then the Floject diaphram pump. because teh pipework goes behind the bulkhead, i can't see which pipework this is connected to (but not sure that makes any difference to the issue i have):
20200910_165634 (1).jpg

With the pipes then going to the onboard tank or taps.

According to the handbook, i should have:
20200909_102442.jpg.f336130af298a44a0a6dd34df255280a.jpg
and
wiring diagram.jpg
But i can't seem to make the drawings match up with the physical.

I know the flojet is working fine, and i've also adjusted the pressure switch within the flojet, which has not stopped the problem.

I'm interested in knowing what items No 2 (blue shrink wrapped thing) and item No 3 (solenoid?) are and what their purpose is? I suspect one of these two (or both!) are faulty, so help would be appreciated.

To repeat, when on EHU the system works absolutely fine, it is only on 12v that the pump does not switch off. There are no issues with the battery, (new and fully charged). there are no issues with blocked filters, kinked pipes, leaks etc.

Fiona

Attachments

• 20200910_170134.jpg
    20200910_170134.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When going from 240v to 12v normally one has to make a slight adjustment to the Whale pressure switch. Mark where it is normally positioned and then adjust. When make on EHU simply move it back to the mark.
Itโ€™s a Flojet positive displacement pump and although it has a pressure switch itโ€™s not designed to be accessed like the Whale ones. Whereas my Whale ones could be sensitive between 240 and 12 v , and even between sites when I only used 240 v the Flojet doesnโ€™t need touching.

PS apologies but I didnโ€™t spot the drawing which shows a external pump and separate pressure switch too.

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi
Thanks Otherclive for the reply.
Must admit, when trying to get to the flojet to adjust it, i did wonder, due to it's position (flush with the floor and screwed to an inaccessible panel), whether it should be adjusted, but 99% of the search results regarding 'water pump not turning off when on 12v' indicated the pressure switch required adjusting (I think i saw the post referring to marking the normal position before adjusting). As there is no other pressure switch in the system, it could only be the one on the flojet. The photos show everything there is connected to the pipes before it goes off to the taps or tanks after it comes into the caravan.
External pump is a standard Truma ultraflow in the aqua roll.

https://www.primaleisure.com/produc...k0qD5Ry7_ZYy3Quh0Vv9G3IxvGWdbcb4aAkSXEALw_wcB

Might see if Bessacarr can help, but so far their tech & service dept have not returned my calls.

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
Ok, an update for anyone who has the same issue, as I've solved this.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Photo No2 is an electronic pressure switch (white attached to pipework) attached to a relay (brown wires to blue plastic shrink-wrapped item). Replaced this and now works on 12v. ๐Ÿค— ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

What's more, I don't need a powered pump in the aquaroll as the onboard pumping does the work (which logic said would be the case, but something I could never get to work and read in several forums it needed to be a pump in the aquaroll not just a pipe ๐Ÿค”).๐ŸŽ‰

Interestingly, the local caravan service dept I went to (swift dealer) said my van doesn't have a pressure switch, that they are on the taps and that is where the fault would be. But sold me a replacement white 'thing' that was the same as mine (they didn't know what it was and it had no name or part number on the packaging)... #trust_your_instinct_not_a_disinterested_service_engineer ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค”

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts