Bessacarr 535SL

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to empty the inboard tank on my 2001 Bessacarr 535SL, the book tells me to turn the stem valve near the tank, but this does not seem to do the job. I have been emptying it by running the cold taps till it is dry, it works but I cant see this beeing the right way.

regards Ian

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We have a 2002 Bessacarr 495SL, and like you have had difficulties with the water system. However, we think we have now sussed it! I'm not sure if yours is the same but our onboard water tank is accessed underneath the middle chest/seat under the front of the caravan. There are two valves, one on a vertical pipe, which is the changeover valve for filling the tank, and another which is at floor level in the same position which emptys the tank. We know this definately works as on a couple of occasions, having turned the wrong tap, we have lost all our water.

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wendy, thank you for the reply,my inboard tank is accessed under the front locker, I have an auto/manual fill unit here plus a valve at floor level, I am begining to think that instead of two valves I have an electric fill function and the floor level valve is for emptying the tank, but I suspect this valve is faulty, it seems to have push on connectors so I think I will get it disconected and see if it is working properly.

regards Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts