Bessacarr DVD Player

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone please help. I am unable to get a picture via the built in DVD player on our new van via a SCART lead. I have tried connecting the TV direct to the DVD player bypassing the wallmounted socket, but still no luck. We are getting sound only through the caravan speakers.

I noted that this topic was posted back in December 2005 by Andrew, but he did not state how he wired it up,and how he managed to get a picture.We have contacted the dealer and they are getting back to me. Any help in the meantime would be appreciated. Thanks Gareth.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gareth,

we pick up our new Bessacar on Friday and then I might have an answer for you but thats a fat lot of good to you now.

I asume you have a lead with three phono plugs running into a scart. If so these will usually have a switch on the scart plug to determine "in" or "out". If you don't have a switch the scart may be wired the wrong way.

If you still have problems I may be able to help a little more after a weekend of playing with our new toy.

Clarky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Should have added on my previous post.

How is the Bessacar? Apart from the DVD have you had any problems and is there anything I should particularly look out for on our new van?

We are looking forward to getting our hands on it and having a few days to play and check everything out.

So many new goodies!

Clarky.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Itb was my own ignorance of electrics that gave me the problem and I asked for help. Unfortunately I have just this minute taken the Van down to have a new Posiflo on board tank pump fitted so i am going off memory.

After raising the question it all became clear and I got it working fine. I have the 525 and next to the plug are three socket holes for the DVD. I cannot recall the colours but the wires run from these sockets to the same colour on the TV. I do not use a scart lead. The sound still comes out of the stereo speakers but you get a picture fine, or at least i did. The three coloured wires came with the TV not the Van. I cannot be more specific without checking in the van when it returns tomorrow night. All I will say is that I am pritty thick when it comes to things like this but with the manual and these wires i got it going fine. Hope this helps, come back to me if you need too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gareth,

we pick up our new Bessacar on Friday and then I might have an answer for you but thats a fat lot of good to you now.

I asume you have a lead with three phono plugs running into a scart. If so these will usually have a switch on the scart plug to determine "in" or "out". If you don't have a switch the scart may be wired the wrong way.

If you still have problems I may be able to help a little more after a weekend of playing with our new toy.

Clarky.
Hi Clarky, Thanks for your comments. I look forward to see how you get on with the DVD, as my mate has also bought a new Bessacarr and has the same problem as me. I can't see two units not working. Very pleased with the van other than a dicky pump that is sticking with the Alde heating system. Cant wait to go away weekend after next. Gareth.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
As a general rely regarding the Bessacarr it has been recalled for a damp check around the front windows, no problem on mine but they have obviously had a problem. The warranty for damp ingress has now been increased to 6 yrs. A new Posiflo pump is being fitted today. And as has been mentioned on this forum the electric heater cuts out when the Van is getting nice and warm and starts blowing cold air. The dealers are today fitting a remote sensor which they say will stop it cutting out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Clarky, Thanks for your comments. I look forward to see how you get on with the DVD, as my mate has also bought a new Bessacarr and has the same problem as me. I can't see two units not working. Very pleased with the van other than a dicky pump that is sticking with the Alde heating system. Cant wait to go away weekend after next. Gareth.
Gareth,

interesting that both of you have the same problem.

I have ordered a set of Phono to scart leads from Partmaster which I hope will arrive before we go off on Friday. I will report back after the weekend.

Hope we don't have a heating problem in this weather. I was thinking of taking a fan heater just in case but now I definately will.

Best wishes

Clarky.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a general rely regarding the Bessacarr it has been recalled for a damp check around the front windows, no problem on mine but they have obviously had a problem. The warranty for damp ingress has now been increased to 6 yrs. A new Posiflo pump is being fitted today. And as has been mentioned on this forum the electric heater cuts out when the Van is getting nice and warm and starts blowing cold air. The dealers are today fitting a remote sensor which they say will stop it cutting out.
Hi Andrew, Thanks for the advice we did not have the leads with the van or the TV but I will call in to Tesco on the way home and hopefully pick some up. I will give it a try soon as I can.

As far as the van is concerned this is the second Bessacarr we've had and we are very pleased with the new one. Its the 550 and we really like the Wet Heating system. It takes longer to warm up then Blow Air, but its more of a natural heat when it gets to the temprature. We find the van also has a lot more light inside than the previous model. Thanks for your help will get back if I have any luck with the DVD. Cheers Gareth.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

We got the new 625GL in January, apart from a couple of electrical problems the dimmer switch and bulbs in the mains lights, and fan in the bathroom, which were all fixed by the dealer, at home, the 'van is faultless. We have'nt have cause to use the DVD player as we do not watch TV in the 'van, but the CD and MP3 player certainly gets used. It's a pity they did not think to put another set of speakers in the bedroom area though. This is our third Bessacarr and this is the best by far!!

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew, Thanks for the advice we did not have the leads with the van or the TV but I will call in to Tesco on the way home and hopefully pick some up. I will give it a try soon as I can.

As far as the van is concerned this is the second Bessacarr we've had and we are very pleased with the new one. Its the 550 and we really like the Wet Heating system. It takes longer to warm up then Blow Air, but its more of a natural heat when it gets to the temprature. We find the van also has a lot more light inside than the previous model. Thanks for your help will get back if I have any luck with the DVD. Cheers Gareth.
I am sure you will be ok when you get the correct connection wires. I was originally convinced i needed a scart cocket and when i realised i did not it was easy. As i said earlier if i can manage it anyone can. Glad you like your van, we moved from a Coachman VIP to the Bessacarr, when we made our firsr trip in it in Jan there was a brand new 550 on site. As always there are stupid things like the salt and pepper rack etc. We do miss the low level light that the Coachman had to enable safer trips to the loo in the night,its back to the torch again, and also the awning light was automatic when you got to a few feet of it which was quite useful. Next trip Swanage CC site at Easter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

We got the new 625GL in January, apart from a couple of electrical problems the dimmer switch and bulbs in the mains lights, and fan in the bathroom, which were all fixed by the dealer, at home, the 'van is faultless. We have'nt have cause to use the DVD player as we do not watch TV in the 'van, but the CD and MP3 player certainly gets used. It's a pity they did not think to put another set of speakers in the bedroom area though. This is our third Bessacarr and this is the best by far!!
Hello again,went to Tesco last night and they only had the leads with white, red and yellow jack plugs with the Scart on the other end which I have already got. So I then took a trip to Commet where a nice young lady told me that the DVD should work with the Scart. The leads that Andrew uses were there but they were

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello again,went to Tesco last night and they only had the leads with white, red and yellow jack plugs with the Scart on the other end which I have already got. So I then took a trip to Commet where a nice young lady told me that the DVD should work with the Scart. The leads that Andrew uses were there but they were

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gareth,

You are able to connect the DVD to your TV in different ways depending on the type of socket on the TV.

It sounds as if you have scart and you may also have composit which is a single round "phono" type socket with a yellow collar surounding it. The composit may either be on the back of the set or under a flap at the front and can be used to connect cam-corders and the like. The composit is video only (picture but no sound) and connects to the yellow socket built into the van. The red and white sockets on the van are audio left and right channel.

If you have composit on the TV a single phono to phono lead is all you need to take the video signal as, from what you describe, the sound will go via the built in speakers. If you also want sound via the TV then 3 phono to phono leads are required.

To use the scart you will need to use a switchable phono to scart lead or a scart adaptor plus phono leads as above.

The connectors that I ordered on Monday and arived this morning are on the links below.

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID=876951&item=106439&section=8957
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID=876962
Finally, remember that you will need to switch the TV to the type of input you are connected to. This is usually marked on the remote as A/V or shown as an outline of a TV sceeen with an arrow pointing in. You may have to cycle through several different A/V inputs to find the correct one.

Hope this is clear.

Best of luck

Clarky.
Hi Clarky, Thanks for your advice. I have just bought the lead I think I need for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

Hope you continue to have good luck. My van was new august 2005 cusions have been back twice now it has to go back to the factory as there is damp around the front windows. I have had 5 bessacars previously.

Mar 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi. Itb was my own ignorance of electrics that gave me the problem and I asked for help. Unfortunately I have just this minute taken the Van down to have a new Posiflo on board tank pump fitted so i am going off memory.

After raising the question it all became clear and I got it working fine. I have the 525 and next to the plug are three socket holes for the DVD. I cannot recall the colours but the wires run from these sockets to the same colour on the TV. I do not use a scart lead. The sound still comes out of the stereo speakers but you get a picture fine, or at least i did. The three coloured wires came with the TV not the Van. I cannot be more specific without checking in the van when it returns tomorrow night. All I will say is that I am pritty thick when it comes to things like this but with the manual and these wires i got it going fine. Hope this helps, come back to me if you need too.
As a number of people have said, the DVD plays great in the 525. However, has anyone managed to get the remote control to work through the closed cupboard door. I contacted Blaupunkt who said that you need a remote sensor and a different remote control costing about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts