Best Car Advise

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi akd1961.
Im sure there will be many replies from members praising their towcars on here,so im getting in first...lol
Ive got a Hyundai santa fe "66"plate auto.
Its the 7 seat version(this one comes with self levelling suspension)and the boot is absolutely huge!!!!!
Its a lovely comfortable driving experience both solo and with 1425kg van on the back.
The auto version has a max.towing weight of 2000kg and 100kg on tow hitch.
Around town,solo,im getting 29-34 mpg.(not brilliant I know but it does weigh about 2 tons!!).
Only had it about 8 weeks but im thrilled to bits with it.
Good luck with your search.

Reactions: akd1961
Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi akd
Jeep Grand Cherokee, you can pick some bargains up 2nd hand, self leveling suspension, massive boot, and could will tow any van currently on the market, legally with ease.
Dont be too heavy with your right foot & solo 38-42mpg motorway, rig on back low to mid 30s, again dependant on your driving style, boot it & it will cost you a fortune.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Nissan Navara Tekna tows our Buccaneer with ease and the load bay with a canopy on is enormous -but our dog has the fron t seat!38mpg everyday with 24mpg towing. however if you don't like the idea of a truck the Touareg gets great towing reviews.

Reactions: junglejim
Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I'm with jezzer on the pick up front - love ours, we can get high 30's to mid 40's at times solo and in the mid 20's towing conqueror 645 twin axle. Wouldn't mind a toureg as can tow the same but can't justify the price for a reasonable new one when a pick up is in mid £20k new. Our dog also has back seat not the boot which is great for a bit of extra weight on the rear end when it's got awning etc. in.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I have a Kia Sorento 2.2 Auto. Tows well and is very comfortable to drive. Tows our coachman which is very heavy with ease and feels very stable when towing.
Fuel wise I get around 42mpg round town but drops to about 28mpg towing. That said if I put it on cruise control at 60 (which is about 56/7 true speed) it will return 33mpg on an empty motorway-does get a bit boring though!
Space wise-with 5 back seats all down there is loads of room and with a bit of weight ie awning in back it tends to give a smoother ride
Hope this helps
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts