Best Fish and Chips

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
There's an excellent chippie in Aldeburgh over on the East Coast I can recommend. Can't remember the name but it's not a big town and it's near the centre, just follow your nose till you spot the queue!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Graylings Fremington North Devon. Always have a "catch of the day". eg Rock Salmon , Hake etc. Cooked fresh while you wait.

Cheers

Dustydog

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Allen I live in Otley and don't know where you mean. There are no fish and chip shops on Bradford Road any more, though at one time there were three (!), and the only Post Office in Otley is right in the middle of the town, without an adjacent fish and chip shop.

There are good fish and chip places on Bridge Street (The Coble), Pool Road (the second one, not the one near the Chinese Restaurant), Bondgate, in the middle of the town, and The Wooden Hut (on Newall Carr Road) - but I think the one you're referring to may be long gone - as are several others (Leeds Road, Farnley Lane, and at the top of the Bus Station).
I must admit it was a few years ago now,my mother who lives on Ilkley road has just told me they closed at least 6 years ago,I must be losing it.

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Try the Burns supper in Prestwick in Ayrshire it is piping hot asbestos gloves required and you will have to be a very big eater to put it all away .also very crunchy well worth the 40 mile drive to get our fish and chip fix

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Ah, John, now here lies someone with good tastes. The traditional fish suppers served up here beyond Hadrians wall are superb, hard to pick a favourite. Also the best fresh fish used, you guys just keep munching on the grease filled inferior ones down there, then there will be no effect on the fish stocks an we can enjoy for many a year to come, canny beat them.

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon,

I agree with Tony H, Aldeburgh has delicious fish and chips, there are 2 shops, 1 at each end of the town. Have to get there early otherwise you could be queuing for up to an hour, but they are well worth it..

Cheers

Rob.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In all of this discussion, I'm surprised that Steve in leo hasn't mentioned Dimarco's in Leominster. Family owned for over forty years, and still turning out great food.

(Steve, sorry if you wanted to keep it secret!)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
In all of this discussion, I'm surprised that Steve in leo hasn't mentioned Dimarco's in Leominster. Family owned for over forty years, and still turning out great food.

(Steve, sorry if you wanted to keep it secret!)
I used to get mine from there when working from Leominster Ambulance station in the 70s.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I should also like to recommend Broughton fish bar to the east of Milton Keynes. Saw it was in the country's top 10 and had to try it. Very good indeed, but not as good as West Ayton. Best wishes, Butler

Dec 19, 2006
Visit site
Who has gravy on their fish & chips. I know that gravy is a common menu item up north but from the midlands and downwards its a no no.

The southerners are missing out.

What do you think???????????

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts