Best Sealant for shower tray

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Depends where and how you want to use it. For instance are we talking caravan or domestic?

If it is just a minor gap I would suggest a non setting sealant because if you ever have to change the tray there is a good chance you would break to wall trim as well.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
If its cracked and you want to seal it (probably around the drain poinr) see if there is anyway you can get to access the void underneath (you need a hole about 5mm diameter) a good route is up through the floor close to the shower drain where it comes downn through it.!!. If you can then get yourself a can of builders foam! It expands enormously, is exceedingly sticky, and best of all? Its waterproof so will seal any crack.

I did exactly that with a MH shower tray that had cracked around the drain. It lasted for the next 4 years I owned the MH

If its a very small crack you might get away with Captain Tolleys Creeping Crack Cure

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
There is a technique for applying sealant. The tip of the tube needs trimming at a 45-degree angle and only just big enough for the required bead. It then needs to be applied firmly so that pressure develops at the tip so gaps are penetrated and the sealant is not simply laid on top.

John

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Use a quality sealant (usually around the £8-£10 Mark in a bathroom fittings shop)

Don't be tempted to use cheap stuff from B&Q or similar. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to this type of product.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Use a quality sealant (usually around the £8-£10 Mark in a bathroom fittings shop)

Don't be tempted to use cheap stuff from B&Q or similar. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to this type of product.
You can buy quality sealants from B&Q such as Unibond, Evo. Screwfix also sell quality branded sealants specific to bathroom or shower use, and there is also Amazon.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Please read what I posted, which the for the avoidance of doubt is below with the important words highlighted for your benefit.

Don't be tempted to use cheap stuff from B&Q or similar

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I actually thought my post agreed with your advice to use a quality sealant. My earlier posts wrt Unibond again supports a quality sealant.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This was recommended to us when we had our shower put in our home and since then got some Dowsil785 Sanitary sealant white . also use on a caravan in the past

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts