Best Sites Scotland ???

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Best site in Scotland is a matter of opinion, but here's a couple to get you going.

Granton on Spey nice site walk to town. Huntly Castle again nice site walk to town. Silverbank Banchory walk to town ( suspect it can be a little noisy on the road side )

The Invercauld at Braemar walk to town.

Portsoy looks OK Aberdeenshire Council site

Off next week to Arisaig will post again then

Val & Frank

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
As long as the weather holds, virtually anywhere north of Glasgow to Edinburgh. On the other hand Dumfries and Galloway is superb too.... oh and the Borders !!!

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi William,

The Caravan Club site at Bunree ( south of Fort William ) is almost impossible to get on to.....booking is absolutely essential so that shows how popular it is.

My son swears by Brighouse Bay which is wonderful for families ( Dumfries & Galloway )

North Ledaig nr.Oban has wonderful views over to the islands.A very well run site but the vans are in rather regimented rows....all tiered so everyone has a good view.

If you like solitude the CC site at Altnaharra ( Grummore ) is wonderful.A no facility site ( you have to use your own toilet ) but it does have some electric pitches.It's heaven for bird watchers.

We used Ardmair Point last year ( 5 miles north of Ullapool )Had a wonderful view over the water.We were there in May and had loads of room BUT reckon that in the height of the season the pitches would be quite tight for space.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We're going to Bunree on Saturday, then on to Brora and Braemar. Hope the weather is good
I don't know if you've been before but Bunree and Brora are excellent sites. If you want a pitch on the front at Bunree, overlooking the sea, you can't erect an awning.

At Brora theres a gate from the site which takes you across the golf links and in a few minutes you are on a sandy beach. Be careful if you walk along the beach to the right because Arctic Terns nest in the shingle - get to close and they dive bomb you.

Some lovely drives around there too, Glen Loth and Strath Brora.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I don't know if you've been before but Bunree and Brora are excellent sites. If you want a pitch on the front at Bunree, overlooking the sea, you can't erect an awning.

At Brora theres a gate from the site which takes you across the golf links and in a few minutes you are on a sandy beach. Be careful if you walk along the beach to the right because Arctic Terns nest in the shingle - get to close and they dive bomb you.

Some lovely drives around there too, Glen Loth and Strath Brora.
Thanks for the info. I knew about the non awning pitches at Bunree, so we're going to try for one of those if possible. Haven't been to Brora but a friend recommended it. Have been to the Braemar area but not with the van

Looking forward to visiting Glen Loth and Strath Brora. Thanks again

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Linnhe Lochside just outside Fort William is beautiful. Lochness Caravan Park right on the shore of the Loch is spectacular. Both excellent sites with helpful staff

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Val & Frank off to Arisaig next week lucky you`s, its my favourite part of Scotland, those white sandy bays, long daylight hours, and those beautifull sunsets. We`ve been up there a few times (Invercaimb), wish we were going back there this year.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi William from another William,

Starting at Dumfries & Galloway - New England Bay CC Site, next to the beach, only drawback is you need the car. Aird Donald caravan park in Stranraer,hard standing & grass pitches, easy walk into town.

Craigie Gardens CC site in Ayr, beautiful site, all large hardstanding pitches,easy walk into town along the river.Very busy especially at weekends,advance booking recommended.

If member of CC then CL at Dunning(listed under Auchterarder in handbook)

Bunree CC site nr Fort William on shore of Loch Linnie.

Silverbank CC site at Banchory(one of our favourites)all large hardstanding pitches and an easy wal;k into town. As Frank mentioned pitches next to road can be a bit noisey but not excessive.

Rosemarkie C&CC site on the Black Isle. next to beach where you can watch the dolphins.

A site I would like to visit ic Clachtoll Beach Campsite near Lochinver. It was mentioned on an earlier post and looks lovely.

Plenty to choose from to suit everyone's taste.

Enjoy your caravanning, I can't wait until next Wednesday until we go away again.

William

Nov 1, 2006
Visit site

Starting at Dumfries & Galloway - New England Bay CC Site, next to the beach, only drawback is you need the car. Aird Donald caravan park in Stranraer,hard standing & grass pitches, easy walk into town.

Craigie Gardens CC site in Ayr, beautiful site, all large hardstanding pitches,easy walk into town along the river.Very busy especially at weekends,advance booking recommended.

Silverbank CC site at Banchory(one of our favourites)all large hardstanding pitches and an easy wal;k into town. As Frank mentioned pitches next to road can be a bit noisey but not excessive.

Rosemarkie C&CC site on the Black Isle. next to beach where you can watch the dolphins.

A site I would like to visit ic Clachtoll Beach Campsite near Lochinver. It was mentioned on an earlier post and looks lovely.

Enjoy your caravanning, I can't wait until next Wednesday until we go away again.

William
cheers wull

is there a directory or somethin with all these sites in it ?

wull

Nov 1, 2006
Visit site

William
cheers wull

is there a directory or somethin with all these sites in it ?

wull

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site

William
Maragowan,Craigie Gardens and cc site at Melrose are our fav went to Silverbanks at Banchory at the last holiday weekend and didnt like it, but as they say everyone to there own nothing on site for kids and a bit of a walk to get to a park

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts