best tourer for year's travelling abroad?

Hi Jane,

My choice would be Elddis Crusader Storm or Super sirocco without a doubt. I have a 2006 Elddis Crusader but only single axle but these 2 are twin. Definatly a van you could live in and i know someone who does. Spec can`t be beaten in my eyes.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Jane,

I would suggest that you have a look around the dealers to find something that would suit you and your budget.

Fixed bed models come in all sizes and makes, obviously a twin axle would be more spacious. It depends on whether you would like end bed, centre bed, etc., and also your towing vehicle would need to be taken into consideration for a safe towing ratio.

I don't think anybody can recommend a best tourer as we all have them to suit our own needs and pocket, and will therefore be biased towards a make or model. Go and have a good look round! :O)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
To live in it for a year I would want the biggest van I could tow.

We are in the "Bailey Gang" since last year, a "pr-owned" (SECOND HAND)TA Senator that is fantastic.

We scoured numerous dealers looking for a replacement for our written off Bessacarr. Looking at second hand models can show you the bits that are falling to bits or dropping off. We found used Baileys stood the test of time better than some others.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
If you intend to live in your 'van I would suggest one of the 'vans which is built with this in mind. Hobby, Tabbert & LMC are the three which spring to mind. As Cris says one of the biggest luxuries in a 'van is space and these 'vans offer that in abundance. Also because of their size these 'vans tend to be cheaper on the 2nd hand market than others.

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jane

I would add Fendt to Craig`s list. They are the slightly better caravan than Hobby with a few more luxuries. German made and like Craig says built for living in.

Ours came with large fridge and freezer, air conditioning, under floor heating, small oven, big enough for two (foriegn vans I believe seldom have a full sized cooker) three gas rings, fixed bed, large seating area (sits 8/9)and much more.

It is a double axel but we find it easy to tow, maybe for you the only down side would be that it does not have an end bathroom, but we use site facilities but you can get different layouts. But the site facilities are good in Europe.

Hope you find what you are looking for, I would love to have the time to do the same thing... so very envious.

Joyce

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I would also recommend buying a Continental caravan if you are contemplating extended usage there. Firstly, you will have the door on the right side (in the true sense of the word). Secondly, spare parts, if necessary, will be more readily available. Apart from a small market share in the Netherlands, caravans from the UK are almost unheard of on the other side of the Channel.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts