Better Quality Jockey Wheel

tel

May 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We use a Truma caravan mover on our Ace Twinstar. The jockey wheel is plastic with a pnuematic tyre, trying to manouvre using the mover results in the tyre deflating and/or the plastic wheel coming of its metal sleeve bearings....

Is there a better quallity unit availabl.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Terry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Terry

I had the same problem, reversing the caravan up the drive with

our motor mover the plastic pnematic wheel caught the curb and tyre exploded.

I have since purchased a alko pnematic jockey wheel with a steel hub complete assy for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All the above but do make sure the pnuematic tyre is fully blown up good and hard otherwise it you have the same problem with the outer casing rolling off the jockey wheel.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a simmilair problem but found that standard pnuematic jockey wheels werent up to the job. We have now fitted an ALKO heavy duty pnuematic jocket wheel (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have posted this before and received some stick for my foolish action !!!

I bought a new bright red plastic jockey wheel for my nice new caravan as it matched the red stripe down the side

When I looked for the pressure on the tyre it gave none.

Not wishing to get it wrong I looked at my old steel jockey wheel tyre and read 4 bar

Just after 3 bar the nice bright plastic new jockey wheel exploded.The nice red plastic was shattered .

The pressure for plastic wheels is 35 psi I later discovered.

Can anyone report on the performance of the new wide solid jockey wheels as fitted inside the A frame and is it possible to replace them with the inflatable type

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I got a mover. One of the mags that we read sed to fit a pneumatic jockey wheel & a bigger amp batty.

I got new jockey wheel form Towsure. I got one with the pole on it as I was not shore that the wheel would fit. It cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I got a mover. One of the mags that we read sed to fit a pneumatic jockey wheel & a bigger amp batty.

I got new jockey wheel form Towsure. I got one with the pole on it as I was not shore that the wheel would fit. It cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts