BIGGEST TV?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Where we went last year this lane was covered in a lot of holes when we finally got to our pitch the microwave cover the plastic trim that locks it in place had come off a couple cupboards had come out
The wastepipes have now been repaired .
Don"t get me wrong i have been down some appalling roads but that the worse one i have ever come across.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Same here, the only items that get bagged are the wine and beer glasses, they go into a normal 6, bottle bag, eggs are place ontop of the microwave plate in the microwave, and the TV goes ontop of the bed as near to center of the van as possible. Thankfully no breakages in this caravan.
The precaution that we do take is never to have hard items in the cupboard above the cooker in order to protect the cookers glass cover lid. We stick to this when travelling as that cupboard is empty and on site the cereal boxes and soft bagged stuff goes in that cupboard.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We put our TV in its padded bag and that goes into the caravan wardrobe we have pillows & blankets and put that around it so it cannot move in transit so far touch wood it has worked .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here, the only items that get bagged are the wine and beer glasses, they go into a normal 6, bottle bag, eggs are place ontop of the microwave plate in the microwave, and the TV goes ontop of the bed as near to center of the van as possible. Thankfully no breakages in this caravan.
I would not leave anything heavy loose on the bed or anywhere else it could move. We did have a problem once when I had to do an emergency stop when JCB pulled out put right in front of me. That very heavy braking caused the cover over the sink to fly forward and it went through the table top which was stored between the front seats at that time. I have no doubt that in those circumstances a TV would fly and could end up doing damage to the caravan and TV.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yep... Bags4Everything[.co.uk]

I looked at them for a Microwave Plate bag, but realised I could achieve the same result with a bubble wrap bag I had from some packaging for £0. Did the same with the TV with a large bubble wrap sheet made into a sleeve with duct tape, as the TV box only fits the TV with the base unscrewed.
We used https://www.bagsandcoversdirect.co.uk/ as we found them to be cheaper than bags4everything.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would not leave anything heavy loose on the bed or anywhere else it could move. We did have a problem once when I had to do an emergency stop when JCB pulled out put right in front of me. That very heavy braking caused the cover over the sink to fly forward and it went through the table top which was stored between the front seats at that time. I have no doubt that in those circumstances a TV would fly and could end up doing damage to the caravan and TV.
Our TV is not loose, the base foot goes down the fòot of the bed and the partitioning wall. Then the pillows and duvet go on top, so no chance of moving about.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We use to put somethings on our front singles x2 but now they go on the floor and we use a Milenco Cargo Bar to lock it in place they don"t move anymore .

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
We have a 32inch smart TV in our swift.
It's below the bracket weight limit, and being 32 has better sound and HD which really needs a 32 upwards.

We carry it in the car using original packaging.

Oct 30, 2020
Visit site
We have an Avtex 21.5 inch which we transport in its original box and polystyrene, either in the car or van. The 21 inch Samsung goes on the rear bed under the duvet. Talking of sizes of tv's in Spain once when a local turned up on-site in a small van, put his awning up then proceeded to take out the biggest tv I've seen from the van to entertain his children so it's true what they say size doesn't matter.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We do the same as you Hutch-the TV lives in bed-tucked up in the duvet=nicely padded shock abosrbant mattress and the duvet tucked in stops it moving completely ! Never moves-mind i did break our first tv-picked it up to put it on the bracket and hand slipped and grabbed too hard on the screen-oops!

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts