bike rack

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Im looking at purchasing a omni bike plus universal bike rack for my burstner. It attaches to the window rail and is secured to the caravan floor underneath. Has anyone had one if so any problems. I believe fiamma do that type aswell. I already have a rack on the front and this will help balance out the nose weight hopefully.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
A bike rack on the back of a caravan is just about the worst place to have one for stability. I'd have a good rethink if there's no other better solution for you, if I were you. It's almost irresponsible that manufacturers even offer such a product. If at all, rear bike racks should only be fitted on the back of motorhomes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On my Elddis I have the Fiamma rear carrier with the lower fitting underneath the caravan. Fiamma call them the Burstner type carrier. I have no problem with stability but do keep the noseweight at 75 kg and have no heavy stuff at the back end of the caravan.

Only disadvantage I have is the size, because of the long side struts it is difficult to store it in a caravan or shed. Mine remains permanently on he rear, but the caravan is kept in private undercover storage

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have a Fiamma bike rack on the back of my Abbey Freestyle and have absolutley no problems with stability. The caravan dealer would not fit it until they had confirmation from the manufacturer that the rear had the strengthened fixing points. Where's the irresponsibility here? Absolyutely noe as far as I am concerned.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have a Fiamma bike rack on the back of my Abbey Freestyle and have absolutley no problems with stability. The caravan dealer would not fit it until they had confirmation from the manufacturer that the rear had the strengthened fixing points. Where's the irresponsibility here? Absolutely none as far as I am concerned.

Where's the edit button when you need it?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts