Bike rack

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
Can anyone recommend a bike rack that can be used when towing? I seem to remember one being reviewed some time ago? It would need to be suitable for 3 adult bikes.
Many thanks

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
It all depends on what method you wish to use when towing your van and what you wish to pay. There are many products on the market!
B/Racks that you can use on your car roof are very expensive, and effect the 'drag' on your outfit when travelling, thus increasing fuel costs. I discarded this option due to the costs and the effort required to lifting the cycles on and off, up to the car roof.
I have used several types over the years, such as the Fiamma rack attached to the van (www.thefiammacentre.co.uk/Bike), a Halfords type that was attached to the rear spare wheel of our 4x4, and our latest type, a Witter byke rack attached to the towbar (www.witter-towbars.co.uk/ ).
The Witter system is by far the best product for the price and ease of use that we have used, it is dependant on the 'total weight' that your car can handle when you hook up the van. (If your car only has a NOSEWEIGHT of under 60KG, then I would suggest that you opt for a different system. 2 average mountain bykes weigh in at 30KG, so it is easy to overload the NW).
If you need any more help let me know, I spent a lot of time doing some research before we opted for our Witter system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts