BIRD FLU

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't understand the mentality of some people. On the evening news tonight there was a group of so called "do gooders" who wanted the government to act to prevent the spread of bird flu to the UK. How on earth is the government going to prevent migrating birds either settling in or flying over the country. Fair enough they can make steps to have suitable inoculations at hand should it hit the UK thereby not ending up with the same farce as the foot & mouth outbreak five years ago but cannot prevent it hitting the bird population of this country.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We keep poultry and have already had some "comments" from folk in village regarding Bird Flu. Think some panicky folk think we should immediately slaughter our 6 fowl in case we bring Bird flu upon everyone........

If Bird flu ever reaches our county we would be the first to consider if its time to slaughter our lovely chooks, but damned if we are going to be pushed into it because the newspapers love scaring everyone to death.

I bet those folks currently panicking themselves and everyone else will still be off to the continent for their summer holidays without a thought as to the birds over there which have definetly had the bird flu virus.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
They are mad around where we live. Like I "live" with the birds so like I'm not going to be affeted before others in the village.

There is no way I am going to have my Ducks put down if we can prevent it. I will be the first to have something done if we can't protect them and the danger comes to close!

TRENDING THREADS