birmingham caravan show

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi -Went to the show on wednesday,very busy,might have been because it was Caravan club day,some discounts on motorhomes but not much on vans,it may change as the show goes on.Was told on the Bailey stand that their prices are going up about

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi -Went to the show on wednesday,very busy,might have been because it was Caravan club day,some discounts on motorhomes but not much on vans,it may change as the show goes on.Was told on the Bailey stand that their prices are going up about

Sep 15, 2006
Visit site
I too was there on Tuesday. Agree very busy , but I have seen it busier. As to the motorhomes I thought one of the Halls was actually quite sparse.

Nevertheless very much enjoyed the show, even more so in that I managed a few words with the esteemed Editor ( remember Nigel if you ever need my magazines you know where I am!!??)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went on Wednesday, pretty comfortable despite being half term. Main purpose was to see the new Eccles Ruby layout. Not so keen on this years Eccles colouring but the design of the Ruby is better than the Bailey California in terms of bathroom size althouth the former is quite a heavy weight in comparision. The Charisma/Europa models due out later in the year will be a bit shorter and lighter. It looks as if we will have to wait until we return from our European trip at the end of June before making a decision.

David

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We went on Wednesday, pretty comfortable despite being half term. Main purpose was to see the new Eccles Ruby layout. Not so keen on this years Eccles colouring but the design of the Ruby is better than the Bailey California in terms of bathroom size althouth the former is quite a heavy weight in comparision. The Charisma/Europa models due out later in the year will be a bit shorter and lighter. It looks as if we will have to wait until we return from our European trip at the end of June before making a decision.

David
We too are waiting till later in the year mainly to see if the Eccles upholstery is changed. Certain things are on our list of "must haves" such as heavy duty legs, gas point, alarm which rules out the Europa models. I'm hoping that they change the upholstery next season and bring out a Sterling Elite version complete with Alde heating (don't really believe a blown air heater will keep that length of van warm in below zero temps). Or maybe we'll suddenly be able to justify the Airstream - think pigs might fly before that buy you can live in hope.

Jan

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
I too was there on Tuesday. Agree very busy , but I have seen it busier. As to the motorhomes I thought one of the Halls was actually quite sparse.

Nevertheless very much enjoyed the show, even more so in that I managed a few words with the esteemed Editor ( remember Nigel if you ever need my magazines you know where I am!!??)
Hi David

Been to the show fo day one, its been busy considering climate,its my 24th year to this show and although the last ew years motorhomes have been bigger in numbers, this year a definate lower number - caravans selling better to. Used sales have in most cases proved very good while new to has seen some improvement. Prices are going up, I heard Adria 18% so no longer cheap with the Altea.

I have spoken to many people at the show who in cases are looking at caravans for the first time,thats great news - but also these people are getting no help on price, layouts and basically how a modern tourer functions. Now thats given me an idea for the next show!

Anyhow I say if you can get over to check it out, and look at some really super new vans.

Andrew

May 26, 2008
Visit site
I was so surprised when we got there just after 10 yesterday as I thought it would be busier. We were there till 6, bought the porch awning we have been looking at for ages. picked up bags full of brochures etc, and although we love our caravan we sat in the Charisma and fell in love with it. So now we are in the 'shall we shant we' situation. Although waking up today I said there is absolutely nothing wrong with our caravan so why change it...... but still we cant stop talking about the charisma. I did see something though, in one of the caravans there was a chrome kitchen towel holder on the wall, it was like a cradle and the roll just sat in it. does anyone know where to get one. We looked everywhere yesterday with no luck. The sales guy didnt have a clue where it came from, his exact words were, it was just 'there' to give the caravan a homely look.

The one thing I really dont like are the new (I think)blind fittings. On alot of the caravans we looked at they have the blinds pulling up from the bottom. Not to keen on that idea.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sylvia

The chrome kitchen roll holder can be bought in most supermarket's or shops such as Wilkinsons.

Many 'caravan' bits and bobs can be bought on the High St and even in 'pound shops' at a fraction of the rip off prices that caravan accessory retailers charge.

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Sylvia

Don't know if it was on the Swift stand you saw the paper towel holder but Swift's certainly fitted stainless steel ones to their 2006 Bessacarrs - I've got one.

A friend of mine with a Bessacarr was told by a dealer that they were removed from 2007 onwards for safety reasons - unraveling and falling in the gas rings perhaps ???

They were available as a retro fit though - dangerous or not !

Cost ? A mere

May 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks guys for the replies and suggestions.

Rita I do like that one but the one I saw looked a bit more light weight. A bit like this one on ebay item no. 250374914660.It looks as if you have the choice to use the suckers or screw it on to the wall, which I would do. I might place a bid.

Bill. Where I will have mine won't be a problem, it will be the opposite end to where the cooker is, just above the draining board, but i can understand what you mean if it were above the gas rings.Crikey just the thought make me shiver.

And gosh

TRENDING THREADS