Black bits in the water

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My two-year old Compass 362 has nasty little black bits coming through the water system. Some are hard, some soft and squidgy, and a few are larger and rubbery. It affects both hot and cold systems in both the washroom and the kitchen. The water itself tastes and smells

perfectly ok. The van is fitted with a Carver Compact system without any filters at all (which I prefer), so it's not a filter breaking up. Does anyone have any idea what this stuff is, what is causing it, and what might be the solution, please? Could it be from the submersible pump?

I've always used Puriclean on a regular basis in my vans, but it doesn't seem to shift this. I think I'll try one of the brewing cleaners such as brewclean or VWP. Anyway, any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated. Graham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We found black bits in the water once and they all disappeared when we changed the filter (Carbon granules I think). Could it be perishing rubber?

Best of luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Can't help with the black bits they could be just about anything. The cleaner I would use is Brewcleans has VWP is no longer available unless someone has old stocks somewere. Just prime all the lines with HOT water with the cleaner added, I would use the stronger dose if your system hasn't been cleaned before, and leave to stand for 30 min or longer and then flush with pleanty of cold clean water. You will know when its flushed by rubbing your finger and thumb under the running water, if it feels slippy then its requires more flushing, Once that disapears you should have cleared all the cleanser out of the system. I used to do a lot of home brewing, Beer, and used this method quite a lot. Don't use Milton Baby steriliser / cleaner , I think it reacts with certain metal in some way the Brewcleanse is quite good.

Regards Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try usinga product called microbox by micropur. It contains three bottles which clean the lining, descale and protect against the return of foreign bodies. Should be able to get it at your dealer, if not try Miriad products in Burton-upon-Trent. 01283 511883

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts