Black Button

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
When you switch the black isolator off dose it isolate the ATC as well.
New Motor (to me) new wiring fitted, everything checks out to the socket, road lights OK but ATC and fridge have no power.

Have packed up for the night can't be bothered to go down again tonight. Sitting thinking what it could be.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
No it doesnt!
What's the car as many don't have the necessary permanent live feed tuat powers the ATC so that could be your problem. Or the towbar fitter wasnt told to/didnt fit the necessary feed.
Can't recall which pin should have a permanent 12v feed to it, but someone will be along soon to tell you.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
No it doesnt!
What's the car as many don't have the necessary permanent live feed tuat powers the ATC so that could be your problem.
Everything checks out as far as the socket, permanent and ignition control feeds pins 9 10. checkout. Everything checked on van 5 weeks ago, when I got ready to go on a trip, then I had to cancel.
Now I'm missing something?
It's dedicated wiring by the way, all other systems check out ok ????

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Permanent/charging feed is 9 +ve and 13 -ve, fridge feed is 10+ve and 11-ve. Lighting -ve is 3 which should be independent of pins 11 and 13.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......all the +ve feeds from car to caravan are fused in the caravan.
The fuses in Swift caravans are on the nearside front bulkhead inside the caravan under the seating.
I would check these fuses.

Reactions: DaveA1

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dave. We have the Sprite version of your Challenger and our black button definitely does not turn off ATC. Hope it is an easy fix.
Mel

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
All fuses on motor check out, all new wiring.
I've checked the permanent feed using an earthing point on the motor not its dedicated earthing on the plug. Don't want to go poking about in the van still under warranty, and that was working ok on my last motor. The plug supplied with the loom is cheep and flimsy, will replace, then see.
Anyway it will have to wait for now, have an appointment with a man about an amphibious dredger.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Permanent/charging feed is 9 +ve and 13 -ve, fridge feed is 10+ve and 11-ve. Lighting -ve is 3 which should be independent of pins 11 and 13.
Think that's were I'm going wrong, been checking using an earth on the motor and not pins 13. 11. all lighting OK. so pin3 OK. Am going to fit a new socket. One with kit very flimsy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if I'm bl---y annoyed or relieved at the moment.
Found my wiring problem. I had the tow bar fitted by a fitter, telling him I will do the electrics, no heavy lifting.
He said he will have to fit the socket when fitting the bar, as it will be hard to fit with the tow bar in place
If you've ever had a PF Jones dedicated wiring kit all you have to do is push a prewired single socket into the right number at the back of the black socket, it just clicks into place, easy way to wire it.
WELL! All OK apart from fitting number 13 pin socket into number 12 pin socket. Which is a redundant pin not used. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Don't know if I'm bl---y annoyed or relieved at the moment.
Found my wiring problem. I had the tow bar fitted by a fitter, telling him I will do the electrics, no heavy lifting.
He said he will have to fit the socket when fitting the bar, as it will be hard to fit with the tow bar in place
If you've ever had a PF Jones dedicated wiring kit all you have to do is push a prewired single socket into the right number at the back of the black socket, it just clicks into place, easy way to wire it.
WELL! All OK apart from fitting number 13 pin socket into number 12 pin socket. Which is a redundant pin not used. Hope that makes sense.
Pleased you are sorted now. I am surprised that the socket wasn’t pre wired.

John

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sockets are rarely pre wired, as usually the cable has to pass through the bodywork somewhere. It usually up to the fitter to wire the cable into the socket.
Are you sure?
Been available for decades. Very easy to pass the cable through appropriate body holes with grommets of course.
Wiring the 13 pin and orienteering the inner and outer bits is not as easy as the old 12S 12N and can scare some .

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure?
Been available for decades. Very easy to pass the cable through appropriate body holes with grommets of course.
Wiring the 13 pin and orienteering the inner and outer bits is not as easy as the old 12S 12N and can scare some .
Not on this dedicated wiring kit. that can be close to the price of the tow bar. Unless you want to thread two/three metres of loom through a small hole at the rear of your motor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts