black marks on paintwork

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
i have struggled with this for 2 years now and its really starting to bug me and could do with some advice!!

these are not the usual black streaks as those come off easily with pledge - but i have noticed on my pristine white paintwork hundreds of tiny black smude marks (like grease / faint black oil smudges - now im not sure whether these are coming off the inside of the caravan cover and rubbing aganst the surface or whether it was me initially usuing an old chamios leather that has grease stains on the chamois and now i have transferred thos to the paintwork on the caravan -

Now i have tried all manor of things to get these marks off but they still remain faint on the paintwork - other than tcutting the whole caravan - which may damage the paintwork - does anyone have any useful advice on what will get these marks off in a safe way without damaging the paintwork!??

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi Carl

You could try a product called Farecla G3 compound, its similar to T CUT but this is not as abrasive, you spray the required area with water, apply the compound leave to dry then buff off, then apply a decent polish to finish it off.

The guy i use to service the caravan recommeded it to me, and it really does the trick. he didn't even tell me the proper name of it. he said go the Humberside Paints( local auto paints suppliers) and ask for Jerrys caravan cleaner, the guy there said to me "thats popular Today!!"

Really good stuff

Hope this Helps

Martin

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The black grease / oil smudges could be coming from your towcar Carl.

Does your car have automatic transmission? Sometimes tiny droplets of oil or atf are released if there is the slightest oil or transmission fluid leak on your car and these will show up as black smudges on your caravan.

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
hi thanks or these-

the rpoblem is not car related it is probably oil smudges from an old chamois leather

so i suppose im looking for a good non abrasive polish to polish the smudges out without wrecking the paint job on the van

any other offers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts