Blair Drummond - Stirling

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
We're going there on Wednesday for a few nights. Friends of ours who have arrived there today told me that they overheard the guy on reception tell someone on the phone that they were no longer associated with the caravan club.

Can anyone confirm this?? The only reason i ask is because it's the last chance i've got to use my CC vouchers,

Gavin.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Blairdrummond was an excellant CC site for many years. The estate, from whom it was leased, decided to take it back "in house" a few years ago. I imagine they noticed how many 'vans used the site and decided to have a piece of the action. We haven't been back yet since it became affiliated but it's the same warden in charge so standards will presumably be similar.

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm sorry to dissappoint you but I am just back from staying the weekend at Blair Drummond. It is about 2 years since I was last there and it will be a few more years before I am back, if ever. It has certainly gone down hill although as you say it is still the same warden. To begin with there are far too many seasonal caravans on site all shut up. There is even one with a cover over it. How depressing. The toilet emptying facilities leave a lot to be desired. Before, it used to be under cover with a lovely white plastic funnel, now there are two situated outside near the water taps. They are about 3ft square with a concrete funnel. Yeuk. The showers and washing facilities are not up to standard either.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We used to use the Blair Drummond site as a stop off. We used it again the year it became affilliated, and unfortunately, we discovered things had taken a downward turn then, to the point of having to make a written complaint to the owners! In fairness, they did offer us a free night as a goodwill gesture, we never took them up, as we have never returned to the site!!

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. We're just back from a long weekend there. I agree with a lot of what Kenneth has said. There were a few of the best pitches taken up by seasonal caravans, and the showers were maybe not the best, but i use the shower in the 'van, and my wife and kids used the family bathroom which they said was good.

I would go back again, as it's a great site for access to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth,etc.... Have also been told that 'Witches Craig's' is a good site in Stirling too ???

Gavin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts