blow air heating

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having probs with my blow air heating, it heats up fine on start up, but after a short while only cold air, the thermostat is at full but the van is cold! if I switch it off and then on at the switch (mains) I get warm air again but only sometimes, or again only for a short while. Any suggestions as to the solving the problem would be appreciated

Thank Guys

rod

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sounds like a known fault that's been kicked around on various forums. The problem is that the temp. sensor is mounted on/close to the heater itself, hence it cuts out and must cool before you get hot air back again.

Speak to your dealer about getting a remote sensor fitted this should be done under warranty.

Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had very similar problem with the electric Truma warm air on my 2004 Abbey Vogue. My supplier fitted a remote thermostat at floor level. The original thermostat is behind the contols and doesn't respond to the air temperature quickly enough.

Hope this helps...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had a problem with the thermostat on the Truma and a remote one was fitted F O C.I had previously moved the control to a more convenient position to avoid getting up and down all the time !!The remote sensor was fitted on top of the surface box for the control and has worked well since.As this is adjacent to the original stat it would suggest a faulty stat in the first place rather than proximity to the fire as is usually cited.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem can't be with the location and retention of heat within the control panel stat as the system would not reset when the power is turned off and then back on because the thermostat would still be warm.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is a guess but as in all heating boilers there is a boiler overheat stat, to prove it is at fault when you find it , disconnect the wires and join them together thus bypassing the stat, then try the heater, if it continues to run effectively, then you have found the problem, but do not put the heater into service until you have replaced the stat, best of luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts