Blow Out

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Just dropping off our old carvan as part exchange for the new Bailey today, when we had a blow out on the M4 (some of you may have passed us today, up hill towards juction 20 M5 South and North bound) We were lucky that we were in the crawlers lane

so no major damage only to the tyre, which burst on the inner side wall.

We couldn't believe it, having travelled most weekends for the last 3 years it had to happen today. I normally tow it but said to hubby this morning you can drive (so I blame him).

Waited for the AA to come which took 1 hour ten minutes. He changed the wheel which I was suprised because it was on the outside of the van.

We all get back into the car wet and cold from a heavy shower to continue our journey when I happened to look at the traffic in front to see it all starting to come to a grinding halt.

What ever next I thought an accident perhaps? However stayed on the Motorway to our destination. Mobile rings and it is the lady from VOSA ringing to see if the AA's fixed the flat, I replied yes but we are now stck in traffic and asked her if it was an accident up front? She replied no it's traffic going to longleat via junction 18 Bath junction.

Greet that was our junction it took us just over an hour to drive two juctions.

Finally arrived at our destination 4 hours later, this would have normally taken us 1 1/2 hours max to get there.

Do you think our old caravan was trying to tell us something?

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
You are right it might have been trying to tell you not to let it go, as it was good to you, BUT were you listening? On our trip last year in our oldie but goodie tin can, we met a lot of people who wished they had never upgraded to a newer van. So maybe it was an omen?

TRENDING THREADS