Blown air heating

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I have a lunar Jupiter 1997 5 brth. I seem to have a problem with the blown air heating. It seems to works fine but i have the Red fault light showing and im baffled as to why. Any help would be greatly taken.

Many thx

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would expect the heating system to be made by Carver and the blown air to be the 'Fanmaster'

This uses a push button switch with five orange lights, if a fault condition occurs, one of these lights will continue to flash but more slowly than when first switched on.

Carver would also supply the water heater which uses a similar control switch, the difference is, it uses three different coloured lights, one of which is red?!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well you have a Cascade water heater fault and so nothing to do with the Fanmaster blown air.

The switch you refer to is to control the gas heating of the water heater, maybe as you think it's a blown air fault you have not switched the gas on to the water heater and that's why your getting the red fault light?.

'Cascade' and 'Fanmaster' is written on their respective switches

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site
Gary

ok its a carver water heater and carver fire no sure of the fan but i think a fanmaster. the lights are :

0n = Green

Heater fault = red

Low watt = Orange

not sure about the gas bit cuz i have never run van water heater on gas.

Sorry if im confusing u im a bit thick when it comes to electric stuff lol

Many thx

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You are describing the Cascade Water heaters control switch. I'm not confused but your confusion is your getting the Cascade control switch mixed up with the Fanmaster control switch

If you don't run the Cascade water heater on gas, then simply press the '0' button on the Cascade control switch and the red light will go out.

Job done!

Your Fanmaster will responded better if you use the Fanmaster control switch, this is the one with 5 orange lights, no reds and no greens.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would seem then John that your blown air heating is heated only by gas with a simple 12v fan for the blown air, I assumed by 1997 it would also have the option to be heated by mains electric while on hook up?

In that case you won't have a switch with 5 lights.

So back to the switch you had the problem with with the three lights, this is for the Cascade water heater when used with gas for heating the water.

If as you say you only use mains electric for heating the water, then leave this switch switched off and your problem is solved

Jan 13, 2008
Visit site
It would seem then John that your blown air heating is heated only by gas with a simple 12v fan for the blown air, I assumed by 1997 it would also have the option to be heated by mains electric while on hook up?

In that case you won't have a switch with 5 lights.

So back to the switch you had the problem with with the three lights, this is for the Cascade water heater when used with gas for heating the water.

If as you say you only use mains electric for heating the water, then leave this switch switched off and your problem is solved
thx gary for all your help and advice uve been most helpful

cheers happy caravaning :)

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
John this maybe slightly different but i get a red light on my waterheater switch when on gas if i forget to remove the cover from the vent .so this maybe the same for your van when you are using your heater (if it has a cover for your vent)

worth a try

Cheers Duggie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts