bmw vs kia

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
hi hoping some of the more experienced amongst you can help me decide i have a elddis avante van and have the choice of two tow cars a 1998 bmw 525 tds automatic or a kia sedona 2001 td manual any have any experience of these two cars so i can decide which car would be best thanks michael

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Have a drive of both, personally having owned a Sedona i would suggest getting the BMW!

My Sedona spent more time in the garage than it did being driven. Eventually Kia got so fed up with it, they gave me more than it's retail value to change it for a New Sportage.
My friend has a 525TDS that he's kept for years and can't bear to be parted from it...over 330000 miles now and still going strong

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I towed my old Senator with a 2002 525se diesel auto for thousands of miles.Got 30mpg,comfortable ride and total reliability.Can't advise on the Kia but can strongly recommend the Beemer.

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Michaelg
I have got a 2010 BMW 520d auto and it pulls my challenger 570 like a dream. I know its a later model than you are looking at but based on the above comments it seems a no brainer, but have a good test drive first, and if possible see if you can have a test drive pulling your van.

Good luck
Roger

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the replys gonna have a test drive with bmw and caravan this weekend see what shes like will report back had a solo drive of the kia sedona pulls ok but gearbox seems a bit agricultural

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the replys gonna have a test drive with bmw and caravan this weekend see what shes like will report back had a solo drive of the kia sedona pulls ok but gearbox seems a bit agricultural

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts