bois soleil

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I don,t seem to be able to book this site through their webpage is it because it is full up or is it not open yet for online bookings? Started to look at Ideal next door, is this worth considering as an option if Bois soleil is full? Plus or minuses for both sites would be appreciated.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
When do you want to go, Blacko - as Bois Soleil is a Camping Cheques site, and accepts them from 02/04/2011 to 03/07/2011 and from 26/08/2011 to 09/10/2011 - so if you're going between these dates you shouldn't need to reserve a pitch, and could use Camping Cheques which would save you up to 14 euros per night on some dates during the early and late season. Even if your holiday overlaps at either end you could still use Camping Cheques on any date when they're accepted.
I think, looking at their website, that they just haven't got their act together - the site isn't working properly even to display prices.

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
We will be going from 10/8/2011 until 26/08/2011 2 adults and 2 kids (12 and 10) I know if we go on the L'oree du bois site they take cheques from the 21/08/2011. I know earlier in the year Val you recommended Bois Soleil, so thought it was a good option

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
l would email the site, asking if you can book the dates you want, and perhaps explaining that you tried to book through the website, but it won't accept your booking. Most campsites won't have a problem with an email in English.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have stayed at this site in June for the last 6 years. Because we love the pitch we use we have to book it for the next year as we are leaving. To us it is obviously a brilliant site, we love it as the beach is only about 100m from our pitch and you can walk to St George De Didonne which is about 1 mile away. At the moment they are sorting out the pre booked pitches. I had to phone them as I hadn't received my confirmation, That has now been sorted out. You say that you have looked at Ideal Camping, to us it looks as though all pitches are completely covered by trees but that is only looking from outside.
I would suggest that you ring Bois Soleil, the reception Staff Tirza and Karine speak excellent English. The number is +33 (0)5 46 05 05 94
If you want anymore information don't hesitate to ask
Les

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed on this site in September this year. It was very busy initially but pitches became available towards the latter part of the month. BS is an attractive site, well located for St Georges and Royan and further a afield. The "other half" of the site across the road from reception was closed to new arrivals. The village is very accessible on foot or, as in our case bike, using the promenade and designated cycle path. As to the site, most of the "pleasure" amenities had just closed when we arrived so I am unable to comment on them, but the mini-market was open and well stocked with fresh bread etc in the morning. The toilet block etc nearest to reception was exceptional, one of the best we have seen. The reception staff were very helpful and knowledgeable of the area. The brickbats - well only a couple really I thought the pitches were on the small side, all be it most if not all were "serviced", we only had our porch awning with us - I am not sure that the pitch we selected, of very few available on arrival, if we could have erected a full awning and if so, the car would have to have been parked on the car park; the second minor minus point was that the site is surrounded by majestic conifer trees which made picking up satellite TV a tad difficult, sad I know, but the wild life in the trees was again spectacular with an abundance of red squirrels entertaining you. Reception did confirm that you can reserve a particular pitch in advance with a deposit. Would we use the site again? yes but in the quiet season. As Val A has said Camping Cheques can be used out of season. I have no knowledge of Ideal Camping, didn't even know of it's existence.

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
this is a new site could you please have a look and comments would be much appreciated
Moderators Note:
Please do not use this forum as a vehicle for adverts

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I would agree with Clubman some of the pitches are small, if you tell them the size of you unit they will accomodate you. the pitch we use is MO52 Borneo. I get my Clubman on easily and that is 7.3m and I can use the Satelite dish set up at the end of the pitch with a good picture.

Les

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
carper said:
I would agree with Clubman some of the pitches are small, if you tell them the size of you unit they will accomodate you. the pitch we use is MO52 Borneo. I get my Clubman on easily and that is 7.3m and I can use the Satelite dish set up at the end of the pitch with a good picture.

Les

I've made a note of "your" pitch number Les as I also have a Clubman! I can't recollect what pitch we were on now, but it was convenient and close to the shower block & reception. I did get a satellite signal after a couple of days, much cursing and a lot of wine!

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know you can book starting and finishing on any day. What time of year are you thinking of going?
If you are still having problems on the website, try giving them a ring they speak perfect English.

Les

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
smiley-wink.gif
Clubman said:
carper said:

Les

I've made a note of "your" pitch number Les as I also have a Clubman! I can't recollect what pitch we were on now, but it was convenient and close to the shower block & reception. I did get a satellite signal after acouple of days, much cursing and a lot of wine!

If you are going in June next year you won't get it as it will be mine for the whole month.
smiley-wink.gif

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts