Bon Jour Monsieur comment on dites???

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Every year when we arrive in France I say "I wish I'd spent some time last winter improving my French Language." I am serious now so can anyone recommend a suitable course preferably with a CD and facility to load to an iPod to improve the "O" Level French I learnt- 45 years ago - but most of which is lost in the "grey matter"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at www.earwormslearning.com and make sure your pop-up blocker is off. This is a relatively new idea and you can hear a demo on the website. The cd's concert to mp3 using the usual ripping software and then onto the Ipod or other mp3 player. Does not both with grammar and tenses and that sort of thing, just conversation.

I've had the Spanish course for a couple of years and found it very good - just got the French and it's the same.

No connection with the supplierws other than as a customer

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Chris G, we say the same thing every year we go to France! We always get by with our O' Level French, but we would like to do better. We will be having a look at the site Ray mentioned, and hopefully do a bit better next year.

Graeme.

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Bonsoir,

Suggest a look at the Itunes podcast "Coffee Break French" a free podcast that starts of with the basics and steadily progresses.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In our area there are quite a lot of 'conversation groups' in various languages. No one pays anything - they just meet up at each others houses, provide a few snacks/drinks, and get talking. Apparently they are proving very popular. The French class contains a couple of French people, keen to use their native language again and help others learn the language. My friend (a Croatian) heads up a group wanting to speak Croatian - many from ex-Yugloslavia, but also English people wanting to speak the language.

You may find something similar going on in your area.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Salut Chris

If you are serious about learning French and are not too good at knucling down and getting on with it as I am, then signing up for Bon Depart beginners French with the OU would actually push you into it. This course refreshes O level and takes you a bit further. Then there are follow on courses from there. I warn you howver, the OU can become addictive as I have found. There are also some on line BBC French courses which you can find through a search engine.

A Bientot

Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts