Booked our pitch in France - just in time!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a word of warning to keep an eye on site availability ... we booked our £125 return ferry crossing (don't know if it's good or bad but we got the dates/times we wanted so I'm happy with it) and decided to take the plunge and book the site on New Year's Eve - we 're lucky to be able to travel relatively early 8-22nd July - Scottish School holidays - and had our pitch confirmed, but I noticed that they're fully booked from the 22nd July onwards now! Now I can dream of France for the next 6 months ....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We tried to book a site in Holland, but (a) they were fully booked and (b) during August they take bookings Saturday to Saturday only. No thanks. We're going to Delft again.

The German site was no problem - they don't really take bookings, but since we are travelling about 260 miles there from Holland, they will save us a pitch. Very laid back.

The proprietor of the French site has promised us a free baguette every morning, as a thank you for booking early and paying a deposit.

And the Belgians wanted neither commitment nor money - by the end of August they will have plenty of space, and we can turn up when we wish.

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi, as a campsite and gites owner here in France, I can honestly say that I would recommend anyone wanting to come to France this year to book as early as possible to save disappointment. That's NOT to get you all to call us. We're in fact heartbroken that we have to turn people away from Le Chant d'Oiseau. We are in our first full season, and we can't believe the interest we're getting. It seems that camping/caravanning in France has never been more popular. I know there's an argument that says that with over 11'000 campsites over here, you're bound to get in somewhere. That's very true to a point. But if you want to get on the site of your first choice, don't delay, book it today is my advice.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi, as a campsite and gites owner here in France, I can honestly say that I would recommend anyone wanting to come to France this year to book as early as possible to save disappointment. That's NOT to get you all to call us. We're in fact heartbroken that we have to turn people away from Le Chant d'Oiseau. We are in our first full season, and we can't believe the interest we're getting. It seems that camping/caravanning in France has never been more popular. I know there's an argument that says that with over 11'000 campsites over here, you're bound to get in somewhere. That's very true to a point. But if you want to get on the site of your first choice, don't delay, book it today is my advice.
Hi Stuart

Do you have a website doe Chant d'Oiseau or some info on location etc?

Ken

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts