Booking Refunded

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were due to go to Brittany in June, spoke to Select Sites(eurocamp) today and they offered refund of monies paid, except for £99 deposit, and offered to transfer the £99 to next year, also arranged provisionally for next year same site , same crossings,subject to Covid having died out by 2021. Having read of people struggling to get refunds from some travel operators, we are happy with the way they have handled this for us.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We were due to go to Brittany in June, spoke to Select Sites(eurocamp) today and they offered refund of monies paid, except for £99 deposit, and offered to transfer the £99 to next year, also arranged provisionally for next year same site , same crossings,subject to Covid having died out by 2021. Having read of people struggling to get refunds from some travel operators, we are happy with the way they have handled this for us.

That’s a really excellent piece of customer service. All credit to them. We were looking at a Eurocamp mobile in France for September as even before Covid the prices we’re so attractive as bookings were down on account of Brexit. The prices in Dordogne for good spec mobiles were only about £60 more for 12 days on site as compared to taking your own unit. Ferry fees and reduced fuel costs plus two days saving on journey made it a good option. But the darned Covid raised its head.

Reactions: woodsieboy
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have never been to France but after seeing what Eurocamp have done for you (Either a refund or transfer the £99 to the same site provisionally to next year great customer service .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Beachball,
We first came across Select Sites when they organised the PC rallies, back in Nigel Donnelly' s days and have used them whenever we go to France, book the complete package through them, always excellent service and we had to use the insurance for a breakdown on 2 occasions, and again great service,probably pay a little more than booking direct with sites but we prefer the peace of mind of having just 1 contact,they were excellent yesterday and we have email confirmation of next years booking already, subject to ferry sailings and site availability,they are working from home and obviously under some pressure, but after the way they have looked after us, we would not consider booking with any one else.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi woodsieboy That sounds great they should give me a priority booking because with me been disabled i need to park my car & caravan near a lift for my wheelchair ( i have a blue badge but rules have changed now )

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
Although not Select I must say I have been delighted with the response I've had from a number of French sites. We were due to spend a month in June /July travelling from south to north and had booked a number of sites. We decided that even if the ferry was operating we would not want to risk it. We booked Bilbao out and Caen back. Every site i emailed immediately replied offering a credit for the small deposit paid valid until autumn 2021 and in one case even 2022 and in some cases saying the deposit would be refunded if we couldn't return. We even had an email from Les Castels informing us that associated sites had all agreed to relax rules regarding cancellation. I would not have minded at all if they had kept the deposit without reservation if it helped them to survive. The emails were a real lift not only because of the offer but how they genuinely hoped to see us next year and their concern about our well being. Brittany Ferries also happily amended our booking.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
We have had friendly and supportive replies from sites in France, Audtria and Italy so far.

In fact our Italian site owner has promised to share a bottle of wine with us if we go next year - to improve his English. This after a full refund too.

Two French sites have offered full refunds of deposits and another, where we merely wrote to tell them we would not be coming, have offered to carry the small deposit forward to next year.

A site in Austria has offered to carry a substantial deposit forward until Dec 2021 although charges for a refund make that alternative very expensive. This site will open at the end of May. I wonder how busy it will be.

We fully intend to follow the same planned holiday route next year is things are back to normal and, after arranging a full return of the Hull Zeebrugge Ferry we had booked we are satisfied that at the end of the day our losses will be acceptable in the circumstances.

Next a planned and mostly paid for America Holiday for September! This we have researched and booked ourselves so no easy one centre negotiation. Flights, hotels, trips, sight seeing etc.

At present I personally feel the chances of going to be slim and, judging by the current goings on over there will be extremely reluctant to go even if permitted. I suppose I could take a bottle of disinfectant and a needle if pushed!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have had friendly and supportive replies from sites in France, Audtria and Italy so far.

In fact our Italian site owner has promised to share a bottle of wine with us if we go next year - to improve his English. This after a full refund too.

Two French sites have offered full refunds of deposits and another, where we merely wrote to tell them we would not be coming, have offered to carry the small deposit forward to next year.

A site in Austria has offered to carry a substantial deposit forward until Dec 2021 although charges for a refund make that alternative very expensive. This site will open at the end of May. I wonder how busy it will be.

We fully intend to follow the same planned holiday route next year is things are back to normal and, after arranging a full return of the Hull Zeebrugge Ferry we had booked we are satisfied that at the end of the day our losses will be acceptable in the circumstances.

Next a planned and mostly paid for America Holiday for September! This we have researched and booked ourselves so no easy one centre negotiation. Flights, hotels, trips, sight seeing etc.

At present I personally feel the chances of going to be slim and, judging by the current goings on over there will be extremely reluctant to go even if permitted. I suppose I could take a bottle of disinfectant and a needle if pushed!
That’s a good outcome for the European travels. Hopefully it will be just as enjoyable albeit a year later. Re America friends of ours are booked through Trailfinders for a US rail trip culminating in a cruise to Alaska from Seattle. That’s all been cancelled as neither the rail option was going to go ahead. So like you they are going to go in June 2021 with free significant upgrades and cruise spending money.

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
That’s a good outcome for the European travels. Hopefully it will be just as enjoyable albeit a year later. Re America friends of ours are booked through Trailfinders for a US rail trip culminating in a cruise to Alaska from Seattle. That’s all been cancelled as neither the rail option was going to go ahead. So like you they are going to go in June 2021 with free significant upgrades and cruise spending money.

Pleased with Europe so far - just one more site to get back to us.
As for America as hinted above we have literally booked everything ourselves from International flights to domestic ones once there. Various tours with accommodation to National Parks, all hotels etc etc etc. This is going to make it a complex problem I'm afraid. Sadly we won't be expecting any significant upgrades or spending money - if only!
To cap it all we hear that Norwegian Airlines, with whom we booked the transatlantic travel, are in trouble so who knows what will happen.
Thankfully we won't be destitute and safety comes before savings.
It's bad enough coping with the lock down without staying awake all night with worry for things we have little control over.
Hey Ho. Smile darn you! :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts