bookings for 2008 with c.c.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
As previuosly stated, The CC have a bizarre booking system. Surely they must start charging deposits.

I wonder how many people will actually show on the dates.

The times i have tried to get into sites on the same dates my inlaws have booked only to be told "sorry,fully booked" and for them to return and tell me "there were so many empty piches".

This really gets to me.

I think often people are greedy and book "just in-case".

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
I fully agree that deposits should be made at time of booking as we have tried to get on sites and have been told they are booked up,then we have found out that there have been pitches free. It is frustrating but we only book pitches that we intend to go on and do not book dates just for the sake of booking for 'just in case we want to go'.

We have to book in advance as we have to get care in to look after my disabled cousing that lives with us, so a lot of forward planning is needed.

We would pay for our bookings in full at time of booking if required.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Andrew.

As an example, on Thursday of this week the caravan club website said there were no pitches at my local site - Clumber Park.

Tonight there are 13 pitches showing available for the weekend. These are either people that have cancelled on Friday or no shows.

Whilst I accept that there will always be instances where cancellations have to be made - eg illness, weather, work etc I cannot for one minute believe that 13 caravanners local to Clumber Park were taken ill overnight on Thursday.

The caravan club know who these people are, but seem totally disinterested in doing anything about it.

Nov 7, 2007
Visit site
This is a tough one, I agree it was a pain trying to book my sites when the booking lines opened. Maybe you should be restricted to say 5 bookings for the year, then get an extra one every month. Thus giving people a maximum of 17 bookings a year. The deposit one is a tough one, but I do think it would help reduce the number of no shows if you utalised this.

You do get a number of cancellations but I feel paople do seem to book with the assumption that I can cancel if I dont fancy that weekend. I have work commitments so I can only go away on certain dayes and I do find it annoying when sites are fully booked.

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
Having read of all your difficulties booking CC sites I'm glad that I only ever use CL's. Hardly had a problem in 8 years - just book a little bit early for Bank Holidays!

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
I asked the wardens at Craigie Gardens why a deposit is not taken at the time of booking and they said since the bookings are done by computer they do not have the facilities. I use a site in Peebles and they manage to take a deposit by debit card. I would certainly still use the sites if the took a deposit, they also advised that if you fail to turn up more than 3 times (i think) you are removed from the Caravan Club as a member (not sure if this is correct though)

Yvonne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i think the caravan club should stop block booking from members as this stops a lot of other members from been able to book certain popular sites,especially rowntree park at york.for 3 years now i have tried unsuccessfully to book weekends at this site due to members advance block booking.i think this is a disgrace,surely the club can see who is booking this site on a regular advanced block booking.there are never any weekends left at this site from the day bookings can be had.i have tried booking on this site for weekend 8-9mths away and still unable to do it due to block booking.this must be addressed,to give all members a chance of booking popular sites.these popular sites must be coming resedential for some members?????

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
I don't have any problem with the caravan club booking arrangements, my wife is a teaching assistant and as such we are restricted to school holiday dates, most schools provide their holiday dates well in advance so it just requires early planning.

As for Klarky claiming he can never get into Rowntree Park because the weekends are always booked that's rubbish a quick look on the website just now shows plenty of weekends free.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had the same problems trying to book a two week stay at a CL in Norfolk.

They could let us stay during the week but were fully booked at weekends.

There is no way I am going to travel almost 400 miles and then having to find alternative sites at the weekend.

I have found a CL nr Peterborough who were delighted to accomodate us for a fortnight.

Jan 23, 2007
Visit site
I started at nine and made my first booking at 10.15am.I mindlessly pushed the return button an estimated 1200 times before I got on.

They should divide the country into regions and do one region per day.It is only the volume of traffic which prevents access to the booking area.

After the rush had died down I re-visited my bookings and could have made them 3 days later,even the popular half term ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts