bookings for 2008 with c.c.

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
how many people have managed to book their sites for next year. we have took over two hours for 6 bookings from when online booking opened at 9.00 this morning.

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Done it at 11.20. Had two phones on the go plus the internet and ended up getting through on the phone. It happens every year so I take half a day off each year just to guarantee bookings for the peak times. Being self employed makes it a dear do so off to work now!

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Would you lot book all these sites in one go if you had to pay deposits. You complain but you are also the reason why it is so hard to get through, because you book all the sites up at once. caravan club should have a rule of only one site booking per call to stop you or charge then we would see how many of you actually do the same thing.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Ian you are spot on with your comments. I have just got booked its now 14.16 having tried all morning to get thru. I wanted to book ONE site for our main holiday next july. We live in Ireland so it has been very frustrating on the phones as I kept getting thru to silence and wondering if maybe someone might appear on the other end but it never happended!

Got booked on internet, delighted, roll on my trip to Longleat.

Cant believe no deposit required or even credit card guarantee. As Ian says would make alot of difference to volume of bookings.

(feel better after my little rant!)

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
yes i would still do it if i had to pay a depoist and when you got through once you then had to queue again to book another site doing it online you couldnt just book all your sites in one go.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Fully agree with Ian. CC should take a deposit and this would stop these multiple bookings....many of these people have no intention of using some of the dates they book but book anyway "just in case" and they will just cancel (maybe?) nearer the time.

Just selfish or is it a sign of the times?

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Two points i would make. Firstly the CC should take deposits, it would save a load of 'no shows' which deprives other cc members of a pitch.

Secondly the CC could easily avoid this fiasco every year by allowing people to book anytime for the following year, many private sites I went on this year were taking bookings for next year, thus getting the business and avoiding this situation every year.

I eventually got through after about 4 hrs, I had to keep trying whilst at work. One booking for the New Forest Site at easter, not far to travel as I live in Wimborne.

For me it is the CC that is at fault and creates as many problms as it solves.

Andrew

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
When the caravan club had a deposit system it made no difference.In fact when the club had a deposit system it took longer then to get through than it does now, or so it seems.

Phone calls lasted longer due to people giving credit card details.It has become a fact of life for caravan club members for many years. At least we can now book on the internet as well as by telephone. Prior to the internet it could take 1to2 days to get through and book.

However I do think a substantial deposit, say

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I agree it may not have made much difference but at least they were penalised and the CC got some money even if the pitch was empty.

There has got to be a better way than this.

Andrew

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
Fully agree with Ian. CC should take a deposit and this would stop these multiple bookings....many of these people have no intention of using some of the dates they book but book anyway "just in case" and they will just cancel (maybe?) nearer the time.

Just selfish or is it a sign of the times?
We have to book now to ensure we get on the popular sites otherwise they get booked up. We always go to the sites we book and if for some reason we cannot make it (unforseen circumstances) we always cancel them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As an OAP I can understand how people with children are restricted to certain dates i.e. Bank/School holidays etc.

I do think that the CC should restrict the number of bookings in advance to 2 or 3. Only when you have used 1 can you then book another. Deposits only add to the paperwork, but some sort of penalty should be available to CC for 'No Shows'.

People can be so selfish and uncaring

Mike

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

BeemerMal from Colchester, Near Daventry

"Just selfish or is it a sign of the times"?

Correct on both counts Mal, same as why they don't pull in for others to overtake or allow their dogs to dump all over the dog walks without scooping.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Mike, limit the number of bookings that can be made. I did not get through to website until after 6pm tonight, despite trying from 9am

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site

BeemerMal from Colchester, Near Daventry

"Just selfish or is it a sign of the times"?

Correct on both counts Mal, same as why they don't pull in for others to overtake or allow their dogs to dump all over the dog walks without scooping.
Talking nothing but sense there, Welcome back.

Colin.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi

No shows is not a new issue. Long before online booking members used to multi book sites for the same dates by telephoning the individual site and booking direct. At least on line booking has stoped this practice. However I do agree that a deposit system may reduce the number of no shows or last minute cancelations.

Sandy

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
If you had to pay a deposit I would still book all the sites I wanted because you still have them to pay for them in the end and when you arrive then it would spread the cost a little. I even complained that deposits were not taken because I think they make people book the sites they are going to and not the ones they think they might attend. There are a few people who just book sites even if they know that there is a good chance that they may change their minds in the future.So if sites say they are full now you can bet nearer the time pitches will become available

Nov 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I also agree with Ian, having spent all of the morning last year on the phone struggling to get through we managed to book not a lot. We didn't realise that these block bookings go on. we all want to go to the popular sites so I'm sure that there must be a better way of doing this.

It's absolutely ridiculous that people should have to take a day off work to book next years trips!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I also agree with Ian, having spent all of the morning last year on the phone struggling to get through we managed to book not a lot. We didn't realise that these block bookings go on. we all want to go to the popular sites so I'm sure that there must be a better way of doing this.

It's absolutely ridiculous that people should have to take a day off work to book next years trips!
I've now tried six sets of dates for Chatsworth and it looks like its block booked all blimkin year ! or....am i missing something ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chatsworth showing as open 1st July until ..... .

Think there's a problem here!

I've just viewed Clumber Park availability and that's showing free all year, which is usually a good yard stick as the weekend mafia love that site and the ability to book every weekend through summer whether they're planning on turning up or not.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
The reason Chatsworth is showing 'fully booked' at the time you want to go is because it is to be closed at the end of this season until at least August 2008 for refurbishment. I tried a couple of times to book it for October, then the penny dropped. I remember reading about its closure in the CC Magazine a couple of months back.

I found it easier to book on-line this year!!! I had little trouble in accessing the 'Fast track' line and managed to book all my holidays for next year. No, I haven't booked all weekends and don't often go during school holidays, as I would rather leave this period to long-suffering families.

Happy holidays everyone!

Ann

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I was going to moan like hell about this system the Caravan club use. But the in laws phoned the site we wanted [york] direct this morning, even though the internet said it was fully booked !

And we have got on for easter.! What a crazy system...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts