Booster injection

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Last year the booster injection for our Yorkie was £32. This year it has gone up to £40. Cat injection also and increase, but only about £6. I know many things have increased in price, but this was an larger than expected jump in price. However main thing is they are now both inoculated for the next year. The rabies injection that the dog had a few years ago, still has another year to go so hopefully we can do another trip to France before it expires?.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Anyone know why the jabs dogs get have to be boosted every year. Whereas the baby jabs I got last me a lifetime? Income for drugs companies? Surely not. 🤔
mel

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Anyone know why the jabs dogs get have to be boosted every year. Whereas the baby jabs I got last me a lifetime? Income for drugs companies? Surely not. 🤔
mel
Different diseases being protected - just like our flu jab is annual but our shingles jab is a one-off.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a view developing that dogs do not require all of the jabs annually, for even repeated at less frequent intervals. But it would be a brave owner who decides to go against their vets advice.

On another tack the RCVS is bringing in the requirement for three months checks on animals subject to regular medications. This would mean that your private prescription would also have to be re-purchased at three monthly intervals. For us owners the GP should review your medications annually, and this is done without seeing or talking to you. It's a Dog's Life.

new-prescribing-rules-for-uk-vets

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
But flu changes annually, do the animal diseases change that frequently?
It’s two years ago since I last visited the vet.Our dogs records show they were vaccinated against parvovirus, distemper, hepatitis, rabies and leptospirosis .Whether the vaccines were upgraded annually I don’t know, but suspect you may be right regarding changes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
For our two dogs we joined a vets that had a scheme costs £99 per dog gives your pet free booster for the rest of there life . we just pay kennel cough vaccine only .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
For our two dogs we joined a vets that had a scheme costs £99 per dog gives your pet free booster for the rest of there life . we just pay kennel cough vaccine only .
We have the same, but it is only Rabies that we pay for, nail clipping is free, as are appointment fees. Kennel cough is a badly named as dogs can catch the disease whilst out sniffing bushes, trees lamposts etc.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have the same, but it is only Rabies that we pay for, nail clipping is free, as are appointment fees. Kennel cough is a badly named as dogs can catch the disease whilst out sniffing bushes, trees lamposts etc.
We use dog kennels sometimes and there requirements you must have the kennel cough so we follow there advice .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts