Bordeaux recommendations

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. We are planning our French trip for next summer. I would be greatful if anyone can recommend any sites in near Bordeaux. Preferably by the sea with a pool. We don't want an all singing and dancing type just clean and relaxed.

Any other suggestions for south west France destinations also welcome.

Thanks in advance

Tony

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Tony,
I have only visited Bordeaux as a day trip and never stayed in the area, however I have stayed around Royan on numerous occassions. There are a lot of good sites around Nausan and St Palais sur mer, on the west of Royan, or St Georges on the east.. Theses are only a 2hr drive from Bordeax, but the train fares are cheaper in France and are our preferred option when visiting large cities.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Le Tedey at Lacanau. Although it doesn't have a pool, it is on an inland lake, and is near the sea. It is highly recommended by friends of mine - who know their campsites and they go regularly, over many years.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Lovo said:
Hi all. We are planning our French trip for next summer. I would be greatful if anyone can recommend any sites in near Bordeaux. Preferably by the sea with a pool. We don't want an all singing and dancing type just clean and relaxed.

Any other suggestions for south west France destinations also welcome.

Thanks in advance

Tony

If you are a CC member there is a CL at Chez Penaud near Montendre about 45 miles N of the city and makes a good base - run by a couple from Wakefield.

Personally I would avoid the city as it seems to be well infested with Roma who make a mess everywhere.

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Royan area is very nice as is the coast beyond. There are numerous sites that have good facilities for children of all ages. As previously stated I would avoid staying at Bordeaux for hols
St Jean De Lux and surrounding area is very nice you have the sea mountains and plenty of nice meals to be had.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts