border crossing at switzerland

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I have just read that to travel in switzerland i will need to purchase a windscreen ticket at the border crossing. Has anyone recently bought one of these and if so how much was it and what methods of payment do they accept? thanks

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Best to purchase your vignette over here saves a lot of Queing at the border post,if you do not have one you will not be allowed on motorways.The swiss police are very keen on compliance

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gary,

We bought ours in advance from the Swiss Embassy in London and we went straight through border as opposed to a half mile queue to buy them there - this was mid July crossing from France.

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have recently returned from a trip to Switzerland. I did purchase my vignettes before we went on our trip. However we entered Switzerland via Basle from France nd the was a man at the border crossing with what looked like the old fashion bus conductors ticket machine. Don't recall any extra queues although I did see them ask a Dutch motorhome to park around the corner whilst he sorted out his vignette.

David

May 18, 2006
Visit site
We bought ours at a service station in Germany before we got to the border. They were for sale over the counter in the shop.

Graeme.

Jul 4, 2005
Visit site
My wife will be hiring a car at Geneva airport and driving across the border in to Annecy, France where I will be with the caravan. I will then need to return the car to Geneva airport the next day. Will this be straight forward or should we be aware of anything?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If I have understood you correctly, you will be hiring a Swiss-registered vehicle. I think it would be fair to assume that the motorway toll would already have been paid for by the rental firm or previous renter. Otherwise, if it hasn't got a 2007 sticker (which is unlikely) and you're only going to be using the car for such a short time within Switzerland, I'd just avoid the motorways.

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
My wife will be hiring a car at Geneva airport and driving across the border in to Annecy, France where I will be with the caravan. I will then need to return the car to Geneva airport the next day. Will this be straight forward or should we be aware of anything?
Litespeed

every time we hire at a swiss airport all cars have a vignette last hire was in May 2007

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts