Bradcot Portico porch awning

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone got one of these awnings?

My local dealer is selling them for £215 with steel frame and I was wondering if they are any good.

Not interested in the light-weight nylon type awning, already have one and fed up with falling over guy ropes!

Any comment would be welcome

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
We've had one since 1998! Also with alloy poles.

Still looks as good as new, though to be honest we don't use it much as we find all awningas a pain.

Our only real gripe with the Portico is that the two roof poles can move in windy conditions. That said it has stood up well to gale force winds.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David,

Not got the standard Portico, but have got the XL (combi) with alloy poles. Bought last year from Catterick, have been well pleased with it so far. Stood up well to snow and wind in Scarborough for a week last October half-term.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
The Portico XL can be fitted like a conventional awning at either end of the van, which is tidier and more stable in wind. On our Indiana we fix it in the front rail, then the vertical padded pole runs down the middle of the little window over the sideboard. Not ideal, but I think it will always be a matter of luck with a porch awning whether you can fit it entirely between windows. You can fit an annexe at either end of teh Portico XL, but I thought them a bit pricey. Instead we got a Sunncamp lightweight which we may (not done it yet) put up on the other side of the van if pitch space permits to provide a bit of extra storage, or just use it nearside for short breaks.

mjt

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
David. I have had a Portico Plus since 2005 but with the 'easy' assembly alloy pole system which was much more expensive than the steel poles (I paid

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi David

I've got a Portico Plus with the 'easi-system' alloy poles.

It's very well made and quite straightforward to put up.

I don't like the bottom where the 'mud-flaps' tuck under the ground sheet as rain follows the flap and on, under the groundsheet! I prefer awnings with two mudflaps - one that goes under the groundsheet and one that splays away from the awning, taking surface water with it. Foolproof.

They're good - but not the best, in my opinion.

My saving grace is that I picked mine up for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts