Bradcott Awning

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Hoping someone will be kind enough to offer me some advice on awnings.

We acquired a Bradcott Princess awning with our caravan, but being a fussy I decided I didnt like the colour so its sat in the garage ever since. Having seen the cost of a new one I've now decided to ignore the colour and last weekend we checked to see what it was like. Its in pretty good condition, just needs a good clean.

However, I'm a total novice when it comes to full awnings and the manual says little about securing it to the ground. The very basic diagrams just show it being fixed at the base of each of the four corners via the rubber ladder fixings but thats all. Our porch awning has these but it also has guy ropes like a tent. Should the full awning not have something like this? I cannot see anywhere to secure any guy ropes so I'm really not sure.

Thanks

Sarah

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sarah. The guy lines on awnings usually are looped around the frame at the outside corners where the corner post meets the roof rafter bar and the front support bar and also at the junction above the front centre pole. There are gaps in the fabric where the poles project through and the lines pass through these. Make sure they are looped around the whole bracket and not just one individual member.

The guy's are usually the acrylic or nylon cord type as on tents. You can pick them up at any camping or caravan accessory place.

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Bradcot and used storm strap and it slightly bent one of the rails. You should have got a bag of pegs which should have had a lot of rubber straps. These hook onto the plastic hooks on the bottom of the awning.

Les

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. As soon as the snow lets up I will put it together again and work out exactly what I need to buy.

We do have a few pegs but certainly not enough to go around, and there don't appear to be any guy lines at all so I will pick some up from a local caravan store.

Its a steel not alloy frame so I don't know if thats better when it comes to using storm straps or not.

Sarah

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. As soon as the snow lets up I will put it together again and work out exactly what I need to buy.

We do have a few pegs but certainly not enough to go around, and there don't appear to be any guy lines at all so I will pick some up from a local caravan store.

Its a steel not alloy frame so I don't know if thats better when it comes to using storm straps or not.

Sarah
Sarah

I've used storm straps on a couple of Bradcots, both alloy and carbon fibre poles without any problems but as has been mentioned, Bradcot do not recommend them.

Storm straps and guy lines are not the same thing and guylines were provided on the Bradcot Classic's I've had.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts