Brake Rod Support Bracket

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, the brake rod support bracket has come loose on my Swift Challenger. The screws have pulled out. Can anyone tell me what size screws I need?
The van is only 2 years old, but the dealer is some way away, so would like to repair myself.
Thank you.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Would these be the screws which fix to the underside of the floor? If so, you could try over size (thicker) screws into the same holes. Or cavity fixings, or glue a 6mm ply plate to cover the area and screw into that for improved purchase.

John

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
While it is good that you can repair it, remember that when you do the warranty in that area may become invalid.
The way I look at it, is that there may be a hidden reason why the screws have pulled out which may require further repair at a later stage.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
While it is good that you can repair it, remember that when you do the warranty in that area may become invalid.
The way I look at it, is that there may be a hidden reason why the screws have pulled out which may require further repair at a later stage.
The hidden reason being, the screws are too short and probably not thick enough to hold the rod support in place when bouncing around on the road.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts