Brake Shoes

Aug 30, 2005
Visit site
Here's one to test the memory, I have a 1978 Safari Caravan which is built on a B&B chassis, it is fitted with Lockheed Brakes. Does anyone know what vehicle brake shoes will fit it, my local caravan dealer looks at me as I'm stuck in a time warp and the local motor factors just say if I can tell them what car shoes are compatable they can help but they are not willing to search through there stock. Anyone please help !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Adrian, I don't know if it is easy for you to do so but the best course of action would be to remove a set and take them to a motor factors who should then be able to identify a suitable replacement. Incedentaly does anybody still reline brake shoes these days? Lockheed were used frequently by the old BL and Vauxhall on their Viva of that age so a car of that vintage would be the first to check out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your local Motor Factor does not have to rummage through his stock, Brake shoe/pad manufactures supply catalogues with illustrations and dimentions, take a pair of your brake shoes and ask to look at such a publication, or try another factor. It is also possible to have some obsolete brake shoes relined.

TRENDING THREADS