Breadmaker

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
My wife reckons nothing like home-made bread, so wants to take our breadmaker away with us. It is a 670 watt machine - do you think this would be Ok to run overnight - fresh bread in morning - lovely!

Aug 1, 2005
Visit site
670 watts is about 2.75 amps so it should be fine depending on what else you are running at the same time. Check your sites supply and be aware of what else you are running. If its on overnight, well a fridge uses about 0.5 amps, a water heater 2.75 amps a domestic kettle a whopping 8.3 amps ... so unless you have a generous supply dont whack one of these on at the same time. Some sites give only 5 amps, some 10 or 16. Continental sites are supposed to be really stingy, but I have no personal experience of this. I have found the camping and caravanning club information sheet on electricity (downloadable free from their website) useful in this respect. It gives examples of appliances and their ratings.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
670 watts is about 2.75 amps so it should be fine depending on what else you are running at the same time. Check your sites supply and be aware of what else you are running. If its on overnight, well a fridge uses about 0.5 amps, a water heater 2.75 amps a domestic kettle a whopping 8.3 amps ... so unless you have a generous supply dont whack one of these on at the same time. Some sites give only 5 amps, some 10 or 16. Continental sites are supposed to be really stingy, but I have no personal experience of this. I have found the camping and caravanning club information sheet on electricity (downloadable free from their website) useful in this respect. It gives examples of appliances and their ratings.
Alyson

Thanks for that. We'll take it with us then. Wake up to fresh baked bread, then put the kettle on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts