Breakdown and Recovery

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
What is the point of alcohol free drink? A reason people drink is to get the buzz of alcohol. It's like vegans who don't eat meat but buy products that are meat substitute. P.S. I am tea total.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What is the point of alcohol free drink? A reason people drink is to get the buzz of alcohol. It's like vegans who don't eat meat but buy products that are meat substitute. P.S. I am tea total.
Perhaps some people like the taste of beer, cider, lager but they don't wish to drink alcohol, or cannot drink alcohol. For years now I have never drunk alcohol when I have to drive, and a decent alcohol free drink allows me to enjoy the taste without having any alcohol in me when driving. Just a matter of people's personal choice.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve found alcohol free beer is becoming more available and Guinness zero is a really nice drink, difficult to tell any difference between it and normal. If we are in my car and I can’t get alcohol free then it’s fizzy water fir me as Mrs OC hasn’t driven that car yet in 2 years of ownership!
Plus one for the Guinness. Most of our local pubs close to home stock alcohol free beers.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Got the Jeep all loaded with out gear for the homeward trip think that after the caravan is dropped off at storage, they will deliver Jeep to house. Driver informed us that he will be taken the caravan and Jeep into their storage for delivery later this week. Also after dropping off the caravan, they woudl be taking Jeep to dealership. Dealership cannot accept Jeep until end of next week due to no space.

A bit of a shock to us about storage as no one had mentioned it. We had to unpack the Tiguan, unpack Jeep, repack Tiguan and with exception of the awning, the awning poles, windbreak and BBQ, we managed to get everything into every available corner in the Tiguan plus two dogs.

The driver apologised profusely to us not being told about the delay in the units being returned home. They were not aware that caravan had to go into storage. Not his fault and we were okay with it. I will be speaking with Mayday tomorrow as think wires got crossed somehow.

However we after now home safely despite the Glastonbury musical traffic on the M5. Happy days! (y)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Got the Jeep all loaded with out gear for the homeward trip think that after the caravan is dropped off at storage, they will deliver Jeep to house. Driver informed us that he will be taken the caravan and Jeep into their storage for delivery later this week. Also after dropping off the caravan, they woudl be taking Jeep to dealership. Dealership cannot accept Jeep until end of next week due to no space.

A bit of a shock to us about storage as no one had mentioned it. We had to unpack the Tiguan, unpack Jeep, repack Tiguan and with exception of the awning, the awning poles, windbreak and BBQ, we managed to get everything into every available corner in the Tiguan plus two dogs.

The driver apologised profusely to us not being told about the delay in the units being returned home. They were not aware that caravan had to go into storage. Not his fault and we were okay with it. I will be speaking with Mayday tomorrow as think wires got crossed somehow.

However we after now home safely despite the Glastonbury musical traffic on the M5. Happy days! (y)
Sorry your holiday has been a bit of a disaster .
Dare I ask what star sign you were born under 😜

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I assume you now home all safe? How’s the Jeep? Surely you won’t have to wait months for it to be fixed?
Got home safely on Sunday afternoon. Rental car dropped off yesterday. Jeep and caravan on the M5 at present just north of Taunton. Aren't trackers marvelous.

The dealership can do the Jeep on the 15th, but cannot accept any more vehicles until 11-12th July so Jeep will be dropped off at home and collected later. Just as well as it has a lot of our gear in it.

Reactions: Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts