Breakdown cover

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
Damian-Moderator said:
Mayday through the CAMC

+1

I have GreenFlag through the CAMC. The only difference is it will not take you to the site and then Home again if you breakdown. But its cheaper. If I have a major Breakdown then I need to get the car and van home,

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
DaveA1 said:
Damian-Moderator said:
Mayday through the CAMC

+1

I have GreenFlag through the CAMC. The only difference is it will not take you to the site and then Home again if you breakdown. But its cheaper. If I have a major Breakdown then I need to get the car and van home,

Sorry Hutch my post was irrelevant. There are different levels of cover isn't there.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
EH52ARH said:
DaveA1 said:
Damian-Moderator said:
Mayday through the CAMC

+1

Sorry Hutch my post was irrelevant. There are different levels of cover isn't there.

No Problem, yes Green Flag , has different levels.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I too have mayday through camc,I have the cheapest option, but I was on the understanding that if you breakdown on tour they'll take you to your destination and then home again?the other more expensive options include parts ,labour,car hire accommodation etc...at least that was what I was told when I took it out.

P.s If you're just driving around (no van) then it just gets you recovered home or to your local garage.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the Mayday Premium UK (the middle option) from Green Flag via the CAMC. You can also add up to five other vehicles registered at the same address for £23.50 each. Only had to use it once and they arrived within half an hour.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DaveA1 said:
EH52ARH said:
DaveA1 said:
Damian-Moderator said:
Mayday through the CAMC

+1

I sit corrected, again I just telephoned, The CAMC about my Green Flag breakdown cover, I have Roadside and Recovery, with Extra care. It turns out it is "Mayday" and it does have the dual recovery, ie takes you to your Prebooked holiday site and if the car or van cannot be repaired then will take you home.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Having looked at various others I cannot beat Mayday. A critical point on many others is that they cover the car for a breakdown but if the fault is with the caravan they do not cover it. This could be a very expensive problem if say a wheel bearing goes on the motorway and you are 100 miles from home.
You also need to be sure with the others that if you have the caravan on site and the car breaks down while you are away some may not have cover for going to the site and picking up the caravan and returning that. Getting it wrong could be very expensive so it pays to make sure of your cover.
Having used the service twice over the years I have found it very good.

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had Caravan Club Mayday cover for several years and it really is very good, especially if you have a larger caravan that other insurers do not cover. For overseas journeys I took out the additional Red Pennant cover and had to use it when I broke down. They were absolutely amazing and I would recommend to everyone.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
benshepherd said:
I have had Caravan Club Mayday cover for several years and it really is very good, especially if you have a larger caravan that other insurers do not cover. For overseas journeys I took out the additional Red Pennant cover and had to use it when I broke down. They were absolutely amazing and I would recommend to everyone.

I had to cancel a holiday last year at short notice. Red Pennant and the CMHC were great in sorting things out and even offering to reschedule and rebook the whole holiday. Unfortunately that wasn't on, but the speed that they sorted everything out and made refunds was exemplary. You pay bit more, but when you actually need support it's so good to deal with an organisation that is there to help and to minimise the hassle.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Bear in mind, though, that some recovery schemes will not cover vehicles over 11 years old outside UK.
I've used ADAC for the last 10 years and found them excellent, but unfortunately they will no longer take new customers from outside Germany!

Reactions: Galgo slave
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Have break down insurance with Green Flag, premium .Couple of years ago had a weird noise coming up and as we had a long journey to do I called them out. The weather was freezing and they told me it would be quick as they can but were inundated with calls.So they came and done a thourgh check and even crawled under to see if anything was adrift, bare in mind the conditions he was working under.Found it was vibration on a exaust bracket.Last September caravan wheel went down a pot hole jamming the mover into the tyre, this was down a country lane at 17.00 pm, had no idea of where the lane is called or where the nearest place was, so gave them the lat figure off the dash cam and they came in about one hour to take wheel off and part of mover to get us moving again.cannot fault Greeen Flag

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts