Breakdown Insurance

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just recieved my Mayday (by Green Flag) Car breakdown insurance the the Caravan and Motor home club. (CC) it had gone up from £101.00 to £ 103.50 not too bad i thought. But I am going to Switzerland in June and wanted Euorpean cover so it would have to be Red Pennent again, short trip this time. An extra £60
I checked around and found out that going direct to Green Flag they do Euro plus , thats UK plus Europe for £84 .including the Caravan up to 7 meters minus the A frame. Exactly the same coverage and benifits.
Sorry C&MH C , your not worth it.
Hutch.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Exactly the same coverage and benifits.

C&MC advertise double journey in their blurb, ie take you to your holiday AND bring you home again. Normal breakdown services only do a single journey. ie repatriation. Have you checked your cheaper offer is the same? If so, it sounds good.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We have checked this comparison before and the 'Mayday' conditions have "extras" that the normal Green Flag policy does not have -- Beware! (Can't remember the differences now, but they are there.)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I seem to remember there was a length restriction with non Mayday green flag that doesn't apply with Mayday.

I'm fairly sure it's only Mayday that you get the two way journey included.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think it is the detail that you have to watch. The cover given to the club policies is generally wider than the basic Green Flag and might just give you that extra protection you need.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just checked both Policys,the differences are the Mayday will take you to your destination and afterwards return you home. The second part they will tow you off a muddy pitch.
In my case If I breakdown on the way to somewhere, then I want to get my car home to get it fixed by Hyundai under Warranty, If I am stupid enough not to realise that I cant get my caravan off a rapidly water logging pitch with my 4x4, then there is a Farmer in a nearby pub, with a tractor. . And On the Green flag, direct I get European cover, with the caravan, including car hire upto £800 within aweek before travel. :p

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would also check points like if you break down while the caravan is on site will Green Flag then go to the site to pick up the caravan as well and do they cover a failure of the caravan like a seized wheel hub. I have not checked but many breakdown policies only cover the caravan if it is attached to the tow car and only for the fault being with the car.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Mayday will also take you home if the tow car driver is incapacitated. This was important to me as I am of the " can't tow, won't tow" persuasion.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch
On the basis there is no such thing as a free lunch there is quite a price disparity on your figures. I see the attraction.
Don't forget if there's a fault with the caravan.... Green Flag WON'T recover it... They cover the car only....
Or has that changed :unsure:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts