Breast Cancer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is disgraceful that a British woman has to go to the high court in order to try and receive medication for her illness. The Swindon Health Authority said that it was not yet proven and was available in exceptional circumstances only as the cost was prohibitive. If the drug had not been proven should it be issued at all? The drug has been given a clean bill of health in the USA, France, etc. so why not here? If the health authorities were to get rid of the highly paid fat cats who are financially milking the system than they would be able to afford the drugs. It has really annoyed me that a patient who has lived in the UK all her life, but in the wrong post code district, has to take such steps in order to be given medication on the NHS. Could this be because she is Mrs. Average and not someone of rank or position who would be given preferential treatment?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Its been given to some women so by the decree of some geriatric Judge it now comes down to the geographical location where you live if you get the treatment. Hope that Judge sleeps with a clear conscience and if anything happens to that lady she comes back to haunt him.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Being a female, I understand that any drug to save life should be used. Only women with special circumstances are allowed the drug, what is more special than you are goin to die. How can that not be special circumstances.

This is not about women only this is atributed to all. How would you men feel when they say this drug can save your life if you get cancer but you can't have it?, its the same.

They are killing more than these women.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with you 100% Smiley - they are killing the family as what is a family without the mother to care for the children whilst the father is at work. In all forms of human/animal life the mother is the king pin of the family, to whom do the young turn to in their hour of need?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree with you 100% Smiley - they are killing the family as what is a family without the mother to care for the children whilst the father is at work. In all forms of human/animal life the mother is the king pin of the family, to whom do the young turn to in their hour of need?
..... shouldn't that read Queen Pin of the family Colin? lmaoooooooooooooo.

TRENDING THREADS