Bridlington CC Site.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
:) we are off to Bridlington CC site next Monday for a weeks stay.
Has anyone been there yet? And have any views on good days out from the site.
Also recommendation for nice pub meals.
We are going to visit Whitby on one day, but haven't really planned any other excursions.
Regards to all Brian.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
brian_c said:
:) we are off to Bridlington CC site next Monday for a weeks stay.
Has anyone been there yet? And have any views on good days out from the site.
Also recommendation for nice pub meals.
We are going to visit Whitby on one day, but haven't really planned any other excursions.
Regards to all Brian.
Hi Brian.
the Bridlington site is very nice as one would expect but it is quite new so dont expect established hedgerows ect it is rather open and can be quite windy. once you get through the gate you will see what I mean good news is all the facilities are new!!.
as for days out it depends on what you are looking for scarbrough castle is worth a visit so is whitby abbey, inland you have malton, york, harrogate ect, if you are going to whitby dont miss a trip to goatland [the setting for heartbeat] as for meals out, I would recommend the north star at flambrough.and inghams for fish and chips in filey best in yorkshire.
good luck and enjoy.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We would suggest a day in Scarborough. Like to walk from one end to the other and then catch the open air bus back, weather permitting. The North Yorkshire Moors Railway might be of interest if you have time.
Watch the speed bumps on the site though.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice Colin. All sounds good. Will try the North Star.
We went to Ingham's for Fish and chips over twenty years ago and if I remember right they were very good then.
We have visited Scarborough and stayed a few times over the years but not stopped over in the Bridlington /Filey areas for anything but a fleeting visit.
Goathland is a good idea I'm going to look it up on the internet and will probably make that a separate day out to the Whitby trip.
Thanks for your reply.
Best wishes Brian

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Ray. We have done the walk you mention a couple of years ago when we visited Scarborough it is lovely and quite breezy the last time we did it.
The Railway sounds a good day out also we will probably include that in a visit to Pickering.
Thank you for you reply. Best wishes Brian

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Only just seen your post. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Brid CC site. Were regular visitors to this great site (there again this christmas).
For anyone else visiting the site there is a great chippy on the main brid road the 149 but be warned it is v v busy.
Try the cafe down in Brid in Boyes up on the 3rd floor it has great views of the bay as you eat your lunch (the steak pie with Roasties) is always good.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
We had a really good time in and around Bridlington.
We ate at Inghams in Filey one day. And our daughter and her husband visited later in the week for an afternoon with our 8 week old grandson. That evening before they went home we had fish and chips again this time from the 149 shop you mention. All I can say is I won't ever pass that shop again to buy fish and chips anywhere else they were "outstanding" and like you, will certainly recommended to anyone I know who is visiting the area.
The area is really good for walking also.
With regards to the site It was really nice, the usually Caravan club facilities but all still looking nice and new.
We didn't get much of a choice with regards to pitches because the site was pretty full when we arrived. But no complaints with the pitch we actually chose which was the first empty one we came across.
A really good week.
Best wishes Brian

TRENDING THREADS