Brilliant site in Northern Ireland

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Sadly most caravan sites in Ireland (NI and ROI) are not up to the standards of good GB sites in terms of facilities however one I would like to recommend is Rushin House Caravan Park just outside of the villiage of Belcoo on the Co Fermanagh (NI) Cavan (ROI) border. This is a small touring site on the shores of a lake with fully serviced pitches and with good toilet/shower/camping kitchen facilities. Only fault would be a lack of space for awnings as the concrete pitches are so wide that grass space between them is minimal. This is one of very few sites on the island of Ireland that has clean, modern and heated toilet/shower facilities. It is also in a great place for a stop over for anyone heading from Scotland, across N.Ireland to tour the west coast of the ROI. Fermanagh is itself a great destination with loads to do and lovely countryside.

http://www.rushinhousecaravanpark.com/

May 19, 2008
Visit site
"most caravan sites in Ireland (NI and ROI) are not up to the standards of good GB sites"

How many have you been to William? How many in NI? How many in ROI? How many in GB?

I have toured in all 3 areas and excluding CC sites which are generally very good, there isn't that big a difference between sites that you are alluding to.

While we're in the way of recommendations though..

Ballyness Caravan park in Bushmills

Delamont C&CC park nr Downpatrick,

Sperrin nr Omagh

Drumaheglis CC affiliated site nr Ballymoney

....to name a few

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
"most caravan sites in Ireland (NI and ROI) are not up to the standards of good GB sites"

How many have you been to William? How many in NI? How many in ROI? How many in GB?

I have toured in all 3 areas and excluding CC sites which are generally very good, there isn't that big a difference between sites that you are alluding to.

While we're in the way of recommendations though..

Ballyness Caravan park in Bushmills

Delamont C&CC park nr Downpatrick,

Sperrin nr Omagh

Drumaheglis CC affiliated site nr Ballymoney

....to name a few
Well I live in Northern Ireland, so I have been to a fair few in both sections of the island. Sadly there are no Caravan Club sites in Ireland, just a handful of affiliated sites which while being amongst the best in Ireland are not an equal of club owned sites in GB. Those you have mentioned are amongst the best, but sadly the majority have old, unheated, poorly maintained toilet/shower facilities. A very popular example would be Tollymore Forest Caravan site. This is so popular (due to the location) that in high season it is actually difficult to get a booking, and yet the facilities are of a standard which means I would not use them. Similar stories attach to every site along the popular Ards Peninsula, many on the North Coast such as Benone etc. All these sites get enough trade to mean that they should be able to have modern and well cleaned and maintained facilities, but sadly don't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts