Brink's Towbar Wiring Systems

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Had a towbar and Brink's wiring recently fitted to a car.
Read recently in a club magazine about a Brink's easy trailer light check system where you don't need two people to check caravan lights.
Have got confirmation from Brink's that the wiring kit fitted should have this feature.
However the towbar fitters have never heard of this system and Brink's seem unable to provide instructions how to operate this system or point me in the direction where I can download.Can anyone show me where to find instructions.
The article said Brink had been providing this system since 2017

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a Brink towbar fitted in 2017. Nothing was said to me about the system, but if anyone has details I would be interested and presumably so would my wife who does the check at the back.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I found this:
"Automatic lights check

If the vehicle-specific wiring kit does not come equipped with a self-diagnostics function, the Easy Trailer Check could be a solution. This function has only been added to part of our wiring kit collection. Thanks to the Easy Trailer Check, you will no longer have to check the lights of your trailer with two people, but can do it by yourself. The Easy Trailer Check will start automatically after you turn the ignition of your car, press the button to turn on the warning lights and, finally, place the trailer plug in the socket. Over the course of 11.5 seconds, the Easy Trailer Check activates the tail lights, brake lights, blinkers, mist lights and the reverse light in turn. This cycle is repeated five times. Should you have any issues with any of the light functions, please check the lights are functioning on the trailer before checking the kit."

On the Brink website (https://brink.eu/en-gb/towbar-installation/installing-a-wiringkit-yourself/)

Hope it helps.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Raywood,
Make sure you got a Brink's wiring kit fitted.
Although I got a Brink's wiring kit fitted the towbar was a Westfalia.
Same here nothing was said at time of fitting because they knew nothing about the system,I only found out by accident when reading a club magazine.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
Hi Raywood,
Make sure you got a Brink's wiring kit fitted.
Although I got a Brink's wiring kit fitted the towbar was a Westfalia.
Same here nothing was said at time of fitting because they knew nothing about the system,I only found out by accident when reading a club magazine.

What with movers and now auto checking of lights I fear my co- pilot might find herself redundant !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts