Bristol Balloon Fiesta 2012

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
Hello

Does anyone know if the large field opposite the main fiesta entrance, near The Angel Inn, will be turned into a temporary camping/caravan site this fiesta?
We've stayed at Cotham Park rugby club in the past, which is brilliant and so welcoming, but fancied a shorter walk back to the van at the end of the night.
Also, if the field is open this year, can you just turn up and pay on the day?

Thanks
Jo

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo.
If my memory serves me right,last year, almost all of the sites in Bristol were full up long before the event took place.
We actually watch the balloons(if the winds in the right direction)from our bedroom window.
I do hope you find a site though......its a great spectacle.
Adrian

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
We've now been to the fiesta and stayed at the Motor Caravanners Association run field opposite the main gate in Lower Ashton. It is perfectly situated for the event and they have one field for association members and another for anyone else. Its cheap and well run with volunteers on the gate all day, waste disposal, water, etc. No EHU obviously.
There are no pitches marked out and you can't book in advance, you just pitch where you can. By 6pm Friday, when we turned up, spaces were very hard to find and we didn't manage to get a very level one. Not surprising as the site opens for business 11am Wednesday.
Would definitely recommend this site, easy walk back after event.
Jo

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Did you enjoy the fiesta? Did the event go well?
We went in 2009 and had a great time staying with the C&CC at their rally field quite near to where you stayed.
There was quite a lot of rain before the event that year (the event itself had good weather)
and the field you stayed on was very wet causing traction problems.
I think the C&CC cancelled their rally this year for some reason.

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
Yeah it was very good. Dry all day and it seems to get a bit bigger each year, they said 250,000 on Saturday.
Been 6 times now and would definitely stay at this field again due to its location.
The food traders sting you big time though but that's par for the course I suppose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts