British sport

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Very sad day for British sport today.One of the best British boxers this country has ever seen has passed away today,Henry Cooper.
Absolute brillant fighter in his younger days,and such a gentleman.
Sad loss.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You think of the Henry Cooper type sportsmen and compare them to the Madrid/Barcelona players the other night and all the shenanigans. makes you sick

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
mullsy1 said:
You think of the Henry Cooper type sportsmen and compare them to the Madrid/Barcelona players the other night and all the shenanigans. makes you sick

.... and don't forget Loony Rooney
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if some of those spoilt bratts of so called sportsman, had got a good smack in the mouth, it might have straightened them out, rather than all that handbags at 5 yards crap.
Nice chap was our Sir henry......

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
JonnyG said:
Maybe if some of those spoilt bratts of so called sportsman, had got a good smack in the mouth, it might have straightened them out, rather than all that handbags at 5 yards crap.
Nice chap was our Sir henry......
..Form an orderly queue

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
I'm of the age group that can remember (just) Henry's fight with the then Cassius Clay when he dumped Cassius on his backside at the end of a round. Clay was literally saved by the bell plus the break between rounds was extended when it was discovered that some how one of his gloves had "split" ( read sliced with a blade if you like). This gave him the time he needed to recover from the knockdown then go on and win the fight.
A good ambassador for his sport and country was Sir Henry.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Another sad day today with the loss of one of the greatest ever golfers to grace this planet with the loss of Seve Ballesteros.

Another true ledgend.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Henry was one of the best , i still think he was robbed in the fight against Bugner , RIP Henry ,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What astounds me is all this emphasis on keeping fit with skipping and lots opf walking , now just think of all the miles he must have run and all the skipping he done trainining and all the miles he walked playing Golf when he retired , yet he only lived to 76 , yet my brother inlaw who is 80 never goe's outside the house smokes and is still fit as a fiddle , and my friends mother who is 88 chain smokes , i do lots of walking i dont smoke , i go to the gym 3 times a week , i am thinking what a waste of time it is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts