Brittany Ferries

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As an excercise this evening I was looking at prices for taking my car and possible new caravan on the Plymouth / Santander ferry. When it came to putting in the van details on the website the only options were for Upto 6m & Upto 7m. My possible new van has a shipping length of 7.986m.

Does this mean I can't take it on the ferry or will they not check?

Has anyone taken a van longer than 7m on the ferry?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

All the best

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It certainly is not a cheap crossing but very enjoyable. I rate Brittany ferries as possibly the best.

Just watch out on the cost of taking a caravan as we found that using Brittany Ferries own "Villa" brochure and staying in a superb Villa just outside Potes in the Picos de Europa worked out far less than the cost of taking the caravan!

Depends what you want to do of course as we were only staying a week.

Personally I look forward to retirement when we intend to live in our caravan for the winter months in Portugal or Spain and then this Ferry journey will be worth it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It certainly is not a cheap crossing but very enjoyable. I rate Brittany ferries as possibly the best.

Just watch out on the cost of taking a caravan as we found that using Brittany Ferries own "Villa" brochure and staying in a superb Villa just outside Potes in the Picos de Europa worked out far less than the cost of taking the caravan!

Depends what you want to do of course as we were only staying a week.

Personally I look forward to retirement when we intend to live in our caravan for the winter months in Portugal or Spain and then this Ferry journey will be worth it.
Clive,

Thanks for the reply. Like you I also think Brittany Ferries are very good.

I've travelled on the Pont Aven twice this year with my bike and they always look after the bike with decent ratchet straps and cushions etc.

I love the Picos De Europa area and would love to take the family there in the caravan - problem is though I'd also want to take the bike!!

Cheers

Mark

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts