Brittany Sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, I have no experience of caravanning in France but we may take the plunge next year (2007). My wife and I aren't difficult to please, but my daughter who will be 13 then, can be! To be fair, she's happy as long as we're doing something, but that doesn't include relaxing outside the 'van unfortunately! Are there any sites that you'd care to recommend? I'd be particularly intersted in sites that are in the region of Concarneau, though I'd love to hear of others of course. Merry Christmas, George T.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
George T

Your first time en France?? well done I too have a daughter at that difficult age (between birth & marriage!) fortunately she no longer hols with us, so we're free to do what we want & when we want.

My recommendation would be to book through Eurocamp independant, that way, as a first timer you'll get all the back up you'll need, travel pack with directions, a site where English is spoken (if thats what you want?) but more importantly couriers on site with kids clubs suitable for your daughter, including evening entertainment (disco's etc) in high season.

That'll leave you & yours free to relax outside the van or go sight seeing or do your own thing whilst daughter is off galavanting with children of simular age & interests.

& a merry chrismas to you to

GeorgeB

NPS

Jul 23, 2005
Visit site
George depends how far down you want to go. We stayed in the area of Morbihan near the village of Baden. Lovely site great pool complex loads for the children to do. To get to the beach you have to travel but its worth it. Campsite clean friendly and welcoming. As for the adults visiting the local towns is a must and ther is stuff for WW2 buffs

Apr 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi George we have been to france 3 times now its just great you will love it,we have been central France and twice to the atlantic coast,this year we are going to nth Brittany.

I agree with George B use an operator like eurocamp or sites abroad their sites usually have bits and peices going on at night, and plenty of english people with children on site to keep you and your daughter happy and out of your hair so you can unwind wth wine or beer and french food and night.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi George

At the risk of it being boring for old-hands on this site I can't resist recommending my family's all-time favourite Camping du Letty in Benodet. We stayed there many times originally as tenters and later as caravanners. It is a super site right on the beach and with a range of amenities without becoming like a French Blackpool, if you know what I mean. Our, now grown-up kids still say that they'll come on holiday with us if we'll go back to Du Letty!!

May I refer you to my review of the site on the ukcampsite website. There are a lot of other sites on there with honest reviews by people who actually used them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts