broadway, moreton in marsh or tewkesbury cc sites.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I went to Tewkesbury a while ago the approach looks a bit like a prison camp and the whole site is surrounded by high fences with signs warning of missiles from neighbouring properties!The site floods if the rivers Avon and Severn break their banks.

That said it is a good location to walk into the historic town,and the adjacent cathedral.If you like a walk walk from the town along the right bank of the Avon to Twyning Fleet and visit the lovely pub that is there and then get the taxi boat back to within a couple of hundred yards of the site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

Moreton in the Marsh is an excellent site,and the 5 minute walk into the village is a real bonus.

Broadway used to be an old railway station and the site was completely refurbished a couple of years ago.Superb facilities and very big pitches.A little further to walk into Broadway ( guess 15 mins ) which is a beautiful village,very much on the tourist trail.

Tewkesbury we only used for an overnight and did not like at all.Didn't think that the facilities were up to the usual Club standards and put in a letter of complaint.Security left you wondering whether there would be trouble.It was handy for walking into town,but we wouldn't choose to stay there again when the other sites are so good.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi there,

Moreton in the Marsh is an excellent site,and the 5 minute walk into the village is a real bonus.

Broadway used to be an old railway station and the site was completely refurbished a couple of years ago.Superb facilities and very big pitches.A little further to walk into Broadway ( guess 15 mins ) which is a beautiful village,very much on the tourist trail.

Tewkesbury we only used for an overnight and did not like at all.Didn't think that the facilities were up to the usual Club standards and put in a letter of complaint.Security left you wondering whether there would be trouble.It was handy for walking into town,but we wouldn't choose to stay there again when the other sites are so good.
thanks for your advice.we have booked into moreton in april and we have booked into broadway over newyear as we couldnt get in last newyear.

we have drove around broadway it was so nice but never stayed there and we drove up the village and it was so pretty.i think im going to book in a broadway for a few weekends to.many thanks

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
we love moreton-i-t-m, but havent been to the other you mention, in fact we've booked MITM again this year.
hi there, thanks for the advice.i have now booked into moreton for a weekend in april.i have booked into broadway for the newyear as we couldnt get in last year.this is our 1st van so we are new to this.we have drove around the broadway site it is beautiful and massive pitches and the broadway village is so beautiful.we just havent stayed there yet.i think im going to book some weekends at broadway. thanks again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been to all three. Of the sites mentioned I think that Broadway is the best because it is reasonably close to the town and is a bit further away from the road. Both Broadway and Moreton have hardstandings which we prefer. Depending on where you are at Moreton there is some road noise. I am perhaps being a bit unfair to Tewkesbury as it has been many years since we have been there. Its as equally convenient to the town as the other two.

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts