Broken down?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have noticed a lot of comments about break down cover with a number of different companies. (Red Pennant, More>Than, RAC etc)the comments mainly relate to cost which whilst important is only half the story. What has been your experience if you have broken down either in the UK or abroad. I was unfortunate to break down this year in France (fuel pump on 6 month old car) and the RAC were excellent. Taxi to get hire car turned up at our site, very helpful staff. However I did not need to tow the caravan before my car was fixed. Having read all the comments posted here I am not sure which service to use next year so your claims experience would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I broke down 5 miles from home and called the RAC. They could not locate me despite me giving the name of the 2-house village I was at, because I could not give them the road number. So they refused to help. I called the local taxi firm who rescue me and explained they have a contract with the RAC for rescue work. Needless to say, I did not renew my RAC membership! I have been using More Th>n since. I get full European comprehensive cover for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts