Broken hinge on battery box door - Adria Adora

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody. I've just discovered that one of the hinges on the battery box door on my Adria Adora is broken. It looks as though it's been glued in the past, but now has come unstuck. I mentioned it this morning to my caravan service guy (the van is in for an annual chassis service). He told me that on the Adora, the door is an integral part of the box itself and replacing both would be "eyewateringly expensive". He suggested trying "fibreglassing it", but I don't know what that means. Can anybody help? Has anybody got another way of fixing the broken hinge rather than fitting a whole new box and then wiping my eyes? Thanks for your help.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
What about trying a caravan breakers for a replacement door/box.

Without seeing a picture though of the problem, its hard to suggest a remedy.

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
I'm not familiar with your battery box, but I suffered a similar (self-inflicted) fault on my Lunar Clubman and had to replace the battery box and lid. I could not see a way of effecting a reliable repair.

The cost of the new box with sealing tape was about £100, which is eye-watering enough for me!

It took me about three hours to remove the only box and fit the new one, nothing too difficult.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If the Adria box is the same as on the UK caravans then the hinge is an integral part of the box body and not the door. We did the same thing and the mobile mechanic who serviced the caravan was able to fabricate the bits and make a permanent repair. It was fairly simple and cost next to nothing, as it was done during a service. This was in the Glasgow area so may not be of use to you.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Raywood said:
If the Adria box is the same as on the UK caravans then the hinge is an integral part of the box body and not the door. We did the same thing and the mobile mechanic who serviced the caravan was able to fabricate the bits and make a permanent repair. It was fairly simple and cost next to nothing, as it was done during a service. This was in the Glasgow area so may not be of use to you.

the mobile mechanic who serviced the caravan

Raywood,

If you don't mind sharing your mobile caravan service agent with me then would you mind if Parksy gave you my email address.

Parksy will oblige if you ask him.

Thanks in advance to both yourself and Parksy.

John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:
Raywood said:

the mobile mechanic who serviced the caravan

Raywood,

If you don't mind sharing your mobile caravan service agent with me then would you mind if Parksy gave you my email address.

Parksy will oblige if you ask him.

Thanks in advance to both yourself and Parksy.

John
I don't mind forwarding the email address, but there's absolutely no problem with Raywood posting the details on the forum message board if he wanted to.
We read plenty of comments about bad service, so we're delighted to share details of good service from known independent (not advertising) customers.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Can you post a photo please..
These cheap,plastic fixings can be fixed a number of ways, sometimes better than the original!
Another poor design and cheap materials :woohoo:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts